Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-working team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
You’ve got a head for processes and an eye for detail, and you love being the first to test new features in the wild. As a member of komoot’s Quality Assurance team, you’ll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work in cross-functional squads, so you’ll work with a range of people from product managers and designers to developers and data analysts to test and bring new features into the world. You’ll help shape our quality practices with the rest of the QA team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
– Team up with Pedro, Ion, Willem, and Steven to define and scale QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
– Take ownership of quality from day one, moving things forward, shaping the processes, and choosing the tools you need to do your best work
– Perform exploratory tests, both indoors and outside, to ensure an exceptional user experience for komoot’s mobile (Android and iOS) apps and website
– Work with product managers and designers in the discovery phase to refine features, contribute to requirements, and write test cases
– Provide test feedback and pair up with developers to test the features throughout the development process
– Keep an overview of bug reports, prioritize them in collaboration with the QA and Customer Support teams, and be an advocate for quality inside your squad
Why you will love it
– Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
– We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
– You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
– 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
– We love seeing people grow. That’s why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
– Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You’ll be successful in this role if you
– Have proven experience (5+ years) testing and delivering high-quality Android, iOS and web apps
– Have the ability to investigate the root cause of bugs with tools (e.g. Charles, AWS, Instabug) and document them consistently
– Love to understand every detail of a product and its impact on our users
– Have experience working with APIs, building SQL queries and an understanding of client-server interactions
– Know how to write BDD scenarios using Cucumber in a consistent and structured way
– Believe quality is a collective effort rather than one person’s responsibility
– Have strong analytical skills, are highly self-driven, reliable and keen to learn
– Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
– Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
– Core Communication time between 10 am- 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
– We work on a project basis in squads and teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
– Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
– We connect in-person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
– We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Drive on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online, it means it’s still open.