Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-working team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
You’ll team up with four world class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation, routing, social interaction and content visualisation that will make your work challenging and fun.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
– Develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept over to road map planning, implementation, testing, release and monitoring.
– Work in one of our cross-functional squads of backend, web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters, QA, data scientists, and product experts.
– Team up with Matthias, Barbara, Marco and Florent to build a state of the art iOS app with more than 5 million installations.
– Release frequently with continuous builds, testing and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
– Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
– We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
– You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
– 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
– We love seeing people grow. That’s why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
– Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You’ll be successful in this role if you
– Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve.
– Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
– Have 4+ years of professional experience with developing high quality production iOS apps.
– Have 3+ years of professional experience in Swift development.
– Love to work fullstack on native iOS apps.
– Have a deep and up to date knowledge of iOS design principles and patterns, the core iOS frameworks and technologies.
– Write code that’s readable, well documented and meaningfully tested.
– Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse and international remote team.
– Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
– Core Communication time between 10 am- 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
– We work on a project basis in squads and teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
– Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
– We connect in-person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
– We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Drive on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have a rolling recruitment process – if this role is online, it means it’s still open.