Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The Merchandising Internship role is to learn and support the Buying and Merchandising processes in New Balance, Direct to Consumer.
This role is ideal for strategic thinkers, ready to innovate, and have a passion for DTC and the Sports Industry. You will experience the life cycle of our products from range selecting, style forecasting, buying, performance analysis, intake management through to clearance and markdown strategies.
As an intern at New Balance, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your goals, refine your skill-set, and you’ll also be encouraged to make an impact.
Based in our Amsterdam Office we offer hybrid working and a flexibility to working hours to accommodate for a healthy work life balance, ideally 2-3 days in the office. This is a 6 month internship with the opportunity for this to be extended.
- Working with Merchandisers on seasonal buys, providing input on trends and performance at both GBU and Country level.
- Supporting the buying process with order placement, product reviews and article and category analyses.
- Cross-functional working with E-commerce and Marketplace stakeholders to put together the seasonal plan for the digital platforms, ensuring marketing and commercial campaigns are supported.
- Tracking stock from factories to warehouses, ensuring it is released to be sold and highlighting any problem with late arrivals or launch sensitive products.
- Working with Marketing, Trading and Operations teams to ensure product is available for the scheduling of marketing assets and advertised launches.
- Compiling product details for styles to be sold via E-commerce and Marketplace, including pricing and inventory info.
- Ensuring price consistency and correct price upload on the New Balance platform.
- Working with Merchandisers on in-season reporting and sales analysis.
- Working with Merchandisers and the wider Marketplace team to identify risks and opportunities via partner programs, suggesting styles to be added or excluded from the platforms.
- Assisting Merchandising team during EOSS period.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Highly analytical.
- Strong communication at all levels.
- Commercial acumen essential.
- Multi-tasking and organisational awareness.
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to pick up new systems.
- Interest in sports and ideally running is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.