OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our EMEA headquarters in Geneva (Switzerland), on a temporary basis of 6 months.
In close collaboration with the Payroll, Benefits & Total Rewards team, you will be responsible to operate and maintain the pay related processes, benefits administration, and time track administration for our employees in Europe, ensuring that the monthly and supplementary (i.e. bonus) payrolls are administered, processed accurately, and paid on time, and according to country legislations in the frame of partnerships with local payroll providers and service providers.
You will be part of our HR team and will build strong relations with the HR Business Partners, Store Managers, Country Managers and Office Managers. You will act as the main point of contact for employees on all questions regarding payroll, benefits, and time management.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
- Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of pay and benefit legislations for multiple European countries in partnership with the Payroll & Total Rewards Partner
- Compile and ensure accuracy of payroll data from various sites including time sheets, PTO requests, bonus, overtime, salary changes, benefits premiums, and family status changes
- Enroll new hires, process terminations, and update pay information for existing employees in coordination with local payroll providers and vendors
- Support multi-site payroll using external providers for processing and ensure timely submission and accuracy of monthly payroll
- Review year-end forms in accordance with country legislation and prepare payroll audits for various sites within given deadlines
- Ensure smooth benefit administration (pension plan, life insurance, medical plans, etc.) for given countries and coordinate with payroll providers and tax consultants to establish appropriate tax rates
- Perform monthly reconciliations and accruals with accounting and act as a liaison between payroll and accounting to ensure accurate reports
- Verify and track payroll-related invoices, acting as the main point of contact for the accounting team
- Meticulous and have strong attention to detail which allows you to analyze complex data sets
- An effective communicator with employees, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Adaptable and able to keep up with changes in regulations and policies
- A problem-solver who can identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
- You have strong customer service skills and can provide helpful answers to employee questions
- Committed to maintaining strict confidentiality and data privacy standards
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar position, within an international environment
- Experience in handling the payroll process autonomously, in dealing with multiple European countries specific regulations, and in coordination with internal and external partners
- Particularly good computer skills, especially with MS Office and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Workday or of any other HRIS, an asset
- Fluency in English, any other European language is an asset
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.