Supply Chain Analyst – Timberland
Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Supply Chain Analyst to join our Marketing team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a Supply Chain Analyst you will be will be responsible for the provision of data and analysis to the business in order to allow the effective management of inventory levels, with a focus on inbound and our partnerships with VF vendors.
You will cooperate with Sourcing, Logistics, DC, Supply and Demand Planning, Customer service, DTC/E-com teams and multi-channel operations.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Liaising with global supply planning and sourcing teams to evaluate vendors requests to anticipate or postpone cargo ready dates – as well as reviewing shortages or other vendor related issues – considering the impact on orderbook allocation and inventory position
- Proactively identifying potential supply delays, raising the issues and proposing corrective actions, securing vendors` execution of agreed product improved requests
- Ensuring supply data in the system is showing the most reliable picture, working with the sourcing teams to achieve data updates and correctness in a timely manner
- Coordinating with logistics and DC’s to manage the timing and priority of inbound shipments around critical periods
- Monitoring and reporting vendor performances for current and future season, giving clear visibility on supply status with specific focus on key seasonal families and marketing styles and including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Performing ad hoc analysis as necessary to support top management decision making
Skills for Success
You should be a good team player willing to be part of the Timberland® supply chain family with:
- Good knowledge of information systems and ability to work with high volume data
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills who can communicate in English – written and spoken
- An analytical mindset with the ability to interpret and challenge complex data
- Good peer to peer collaboration experience with stakeholders of all different levels and backgrounds
- The ability to work under pressure and can work to short, tight deadlines
- A fine attention to detail who is able collate and interpret data and information and is precise and organised
- A University Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics, business, management engineer or equivalent study is a pre-requisite, preferably with one year working experience in an analytical role (desirable).
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package:
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!