Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The candidate will work closely alongside other UK financial leads to provide a best-in-class accounting environment for the UK entity and the EMEA entities it supports. The individual will have an aptitude for process and controls improvement, as well as a focus on accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Lead the UK statutory reporting environment and work alongside other finance leads on processes and controls to mitigate risk, as well as ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial reporting, audit and tax regulations;
- Finance lead and key relationship holder for the year end audit, financial statement preparation and submission;
- Responsibility for UK tax compliance and submissions (corporation tax, R&D and VAT) working alongside internal tax teams and external advisors;
- Compliance across all other statutory and government reporting requirements;
- Management and co-ordination of the UK month and year end process, ensuring a timetable which supports local, regional and global deadlines;
- Ownership of UK Balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation, as well as month end balance sheet reporting and variance analysis;
- Lead the UK balance sheet and CAPEX budget and forecast, as well as submissions into the EPM system;
- Management and development direct reports. Focus areas will include fixed assets, payroll, intercompany reconciliations and VAT across the UK and other EMEA subsidiaries. The candidate will ensure processes and reporting are compliant across all jurisdictions;
- Provide leadership that creates a supportive, high commitment work environment which motivates and encourages the finance team to achieve through empowerment and development;
- Assist the EMEA Management, Commercial and Financial Information Systems team as necessary on ad hoc requirements and new projects;
- Assist and support transition to the new EPM and ERP system;
- EMEA Senior Finance Director;
- EMEA Financial Controller;
- Transactional Finance Manager
- EMEA Treasury Manager;
- EMEA Subsidiary and Channel Finance Managers;
- NB USA Corporate Finance
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject: Finance, accounting, Economics, Business;
- 5+ Years post qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or accounting equivalent);
- Motivated with pro-active mindset focussed on continual improvement of processes and reporting;
- Team player, strong communication skills and able to develop and maintain strong relationship with colleagues;
- Organised, structured, able to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines;
- High degree of accuracy and eye for detail;
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation skills;
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and Oracle desirable, but not essential;
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.