Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting regional financial reporting and analysis across the EMEA region. The individual will work closely senior finance to provide insights and clarity to drive business decisions and the long term strategy of organisation.
- Collate, maintain and develop EMEA reporting packs to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for the Senior Leadership team;
- Collaborate with EMEA Finance Managers to collect commentary and variance analysis, providing insight into financial performance;
- Variance analysis across EMEA Head Quarter and Regional costs centres;
Forecast and Budget
- Assist with the co-ordination of the forecast and budget process, collating and consolidating market submissions, commentary and variance analysis;
- Assist in the analysis and review of EMEA regional submissions including variance, trend and profitability analysis;
- Build and maintain financial models, templates and forecast tools to aid the budgeting and forecast process;
Commercial Finance Support
- Assist with EMEA Quarterly Business Review and Regional Reporting packs, building templates and standardised reporting tools to provide clarity and structure;
- Provide financial analysis which allows for transparency and comparability of performance across the markets / Channels, identify key financial metrics and trends to support business decisions;
- Identify opportunities within BI tools to automate and standardise Regional reporting;
- Lead, manage and mentor direct reports, driving close co-operation with department heads to ensure budget accuracy, cost centre management as well as timely and relevant reporting;
- Collaborate with EMEA Finance Managers and members of the finance team to identify process improvements and implement best practices;
- Assist the EMEA Management, Commercial and Financial Information Systems team as necessary on ad hoc requirements and new projects;
- Assist and support transition to new EPM and ERP system;
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Masters degree in relevant subject: Finance, accounting, Economics, Business;
- 5+ Years post qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / RA / AA or accounting equivalent);
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with financial modelling and forecasting;
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyse complex financial data and provide insights and recommendations based on findings;
- High degree of accuracy and eye for detail;
- Motivated with pro-active mindset focused on continual improvement of processes and reporting;
- Team player, strong communication skills and able to develop and maintain strong relationship with finance colleagues and across other departments;
- Organised, structured, able to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines;
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and Oracle desirable, but not essential;
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.