Smartwool is looking for an exceptional Account Manager Switzerland to join our Sales team EMEA.
We make Merino wool socks and apparel to fuel adventures outside. Because we want to help you go far and feel good. As a company, we live by our values, every day.
Openness – We strive to be more transparent every day.
Advocacy – We believe in doing everything we can to sustain and preserve our one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring environment.
Inclusivity – We believe that the outdoors belongs to no one and, at the same time, to everyone. We believe in being compassionate, actively kind, generous, and accountable to everyone.
Fun-Loving – We got into this whole thing (socks, base layers, etc.) because it’s fun to be outside.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Account Manager Switzerland will report directly to the EMEA Sales Manager.
You will directly manage and develop the Independent, Sporting Goods and Outdoor Account channel’s strategic accounts for the assigned categories of business in Switzerland while ensuring that the strong brand equity of the VF Brand is maintained.
You are also responsible for exceptional brand execution. You will drive and support topline sales through product knowledge education, brand merchandising standards, implementing Marketing initiatives, effective account communication and developing strong account partnerships.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Managing sell-in process by adhering to account proposals to maximize full price selling and margin.
- Achieving mutually agreed upon annual sales targets, including both the top-line results and specific product segmentation strategy that drive maximum channel profitability.
- Ensuring inventory flows effectively and responsibly through the Swiss Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle and Independent market by working with key operational stakeholders internally.
- Implementing the right product assortment within strategic accounts and the greater Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle and Independent channel so that it aligns with the appropriate in-store experience.
- Using an effective, consultative approach to providing insight-based solutions to strategic accounts that establish the brand as a world class partner in the trade.
- Utilizing understanding of industry trends, market/competitor data to develop account and business plans.
- Fully understand the customer’s needs and decision-making process to create win-win solutions.
- Manage and elevate designated territory through regular store visits, key partnerships, and impactful communication
- Implement Visual Merchandising strategies and incentives to drive and support the Wholesale business based on daily sales analysis, marketing initiatives and seasonal objectives
- Effectively communicate and demonstrate visual presentation standards to Wholesale accounts
Skills for Success
- Flexible and able to react to the everchanging needs of the business
- Outstanding customer service standards
- Fluent in French, Swiss German, English, Italian would be a plus
- Exceptional relationship building & management skills and motivation to meet targets
- Knowledge of visual merchandising techniques and practices
- Team player with a key understanding of cross functional partnerships both internally and externally
- Embracing continuous improvement by proposing new and/or efficient processes and procedures
- Creative thinker with the ability to influence others
- Exhibits VF’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment
- Availability to travel (50%)
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Marketing, are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements. Equivalent of 2-3 years’ sales/marketing account management experience, ideally for an outdoor apparel Brand.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
This post is not eligible for relocation support.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!