Location: Zurich, Switzerland
At a Glance:
The Performance Footwear Designer will be focusing on creating specific products geared towards our high performance competitive athletes across track and field, running and trail. These pinnacle concepts need to compete at the top of the sports and need deep insights into sports science, consumer research and are based on un-compromised construction.
You will work in the Lightning Team – a team at On focussing on creating the next generation of high performance products for and with our Elite Athletes to compete on the biggest stages.
You will also work in the On design studio within an international team, shaping the future On product line up. The design team includes footwear, apparel and CMF designers who all closely collaborate with developers, product managers, material and innovation specialists, art directors and marketing professionals.
- Be an integral part of our Performance Footwear team and push the boundaries on On’s pinnacle performance footwear
- Own your projects from design concepts through to final delivery
- Collaborate closely with our US based OAC athlete team, sports science and external stakeholders to translate bio-mechanic insights and athlete insights/feedback into innovative high performance footwear products that make a difference
- Develop new concepts, mock-ups, visuals, 2D and 3D files for new projects
- Collaborate with our Zurich based– and our Vietnam based development team on creating functional and performance-driven products
- Strong interest for performance footwear, athletes data as well as a connection to sports/running and are able to translate those into products
- Deep knowledge in advanced footwear materials and manufacturing processes for road racing and track & field
- You have an curious and innovative mind with a strong drive to pushing the boundaries of footwear design
- You have excellent 2D software skills (Adobe CS), 3D software skills are definitely a plus
- You have good sketching and mock-up skills
- You have a structured mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are able to work in a fast-moving environment and handling several projects and seasons at the same time
- You have a strong interest in working with cross-functional teams – materials, innovation, product managers, developers
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken
- You have 3-4 years of experience in performance footwear (running and / or other sports)
- You hold a bachelor or master’s degree in product/industrial design and/or design engineering
Please apply by attaching your CV in English.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.