OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Spanish Sales Team is looking for a Sales & Marketing Coordinator to join our office in Barcelona. In this position, you will report directly to the Sales Manager for Spain & Portugal and will work closely with the Marketing Manager, the Sales Agents and our key clients. Thanks to your analytical skills and your marketing knowledge, you will support your colleagues and the business by executing marketing campaigns, monitoring sales reports and providing operational support to the Sales Agents.
This job offers you a great opportunity to get a 360° vision of the industry and to develop your business acumen. You will collaborate with experienced and knowledgeable team members from the region and the HQ in Switzerland, within a friendly and open environment.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The job is a combination of supporting tasks in marketing and sales:
- Support the Regional Marketing Manager in the timely and efficient management of the marketing function within the region with tasks including but not limited to: Budget updates, Customer presentations, regional strategy briefs, event organization, seeding and agency reviews
- Coordinate with the PR agency on a day-to-day basis to ensure they deliver on those priorities.
- Prepare all product, descriptions and pictures codifications for the ECI (El Corte Inglés) Web concession. Organize with ECI filters, product categorization, etc. to have a great presentation to maximize sales. In the end, the main responsible to make the whole ECI digital concession business work. Manage Mirakl platform to obtain sales data and provide accurate analysis during important sales periods.
- Coordinate and implement the changes of all visuals across our retail business ECI Concession twice per year to make sure we express the best Columbia image.
- Execute and coordinate with ECI and external teams the changes across our concessions such as change walls, full refits to SiS concept, specific ski corners, etc. to maximize our presentation and thus the sales potential at each concession
- Be responsible for the execution of the KA seasonal plans and make sure it becomes effective and its follow up
- Regular marketing meetings with the most relevant KA to plan, execute and track the marketing plans for the specific season
- Support the Sales Agent teams to make sure that all tools are used properly according to HQ guidelines. Also collect forecasts and upload them on the system
- Prepare and share all pre and in season figures using the in-house tool Tracking Sales providing useful and relevant information to track business in a weekly basis.
- Using Columbia reporting tools, collate and record sales analysis in accordance with given guidelines.
- Prepare and arrange all sample sales to retailers when required preparing product, coordinating with the client the shipment and following up its invoicing and payment to close the operation
- Have a clear product management to adapt the showroom to different KA segmentation and to keep old product located for its sale in a potential sample sale
- Attend sales meetings and key account presentations
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good at prioritizing your work and very detail oriented
- Flexible and open for taking over new tasks and can demonstrate hands-on capabilities
- Native Spanish and English fluent
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Economics, Marketing, International Business or in any related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing in the fashion or sporting goods industry
- A strong analytical mindset and demonstrated skills in using Microsoft Excel to create dashboards and manage data
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.