VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Vans Partnership Stores Manager to join our DTC EMEA team based in Paris, France.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Vans Partnership Stores Manager West is responsible for managing and introducing Vans Partners in one of key regions of Europe. Region consists of France, Ireland, UK, Benelux, and Germany. Maintaining strong customer relationships while providing best in class service to account base are priorities for this position. The Partnership Stores Manager West is responsible for the placement of correct product assortments across the Vans Partnership Monobrand stores while ensuring seasonal financial targets are met at all levels of Gross-To-Net plan.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Land harmonized assortment of products across the chain of stores in region driving business and profitability in line with the brand guideline.
- Perform best in class sell in sessions in Vans showrooms spread in the region with focus on showroom ownership, presentation preparation and execution tracking.
- Partner with Partnership Store Team and supervisor to develop seasonal sell-in strategies, marketplace feedbacks and forecasts.
- Travel 30% of the time annually where Go-To-Market milestones are a fixed must, while retail visits are flexible.
- Develop and execute your own interpretation of Strategic Plan for the region in line with Vans EMEA Strategy.
- Lead forecasting and planning process for the region, with specific attention to seasonal, quarter, annual business execution along with seasonal product forecasting plans in line with DTC strategy.
- Manage retail analytics (react/flag the unhealthy results and scale the positive results to whole door fleet) to clearly come up with comprehensive action plans to improve the business.
- Open new stores with Partners with special focus on top notch Profit & Loss planning to protect Vans and Partners profitability.
- Maintain high profitability of current locations by setting clear plans of recovery where needed.
- Own the marketplace by holistic actions and cooperation with local Wholesale team and EMEA E-Commerce team.
- Closely partner with:
- Retail Marketing team to execute product activations instore flawlessly
- Local Marketing Manager to harmonize actions for marketplace
- Manage legal part of business thru collaboration with Vans EMEA Legal Counsel.
Skills for Success
You should be an open person who easily makes long-lasting connections and builds relationships, with:
- Solid experience in managing external parties cooperating with enterprise (5 years)
- Relevant experience in Account Management is a must
- Strong knowledge of the Sneaker and Apparel Market industry in region is important, while knowledge of retail landscape on managed markets would be a great addition
- Influencing skills to work across a complex matrix organization along with excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Ability to work at a strategic level but willing and able to manage details, where capacity to work over short-term and long-term projects simultaneously is crucial
- Task oriented and results driven
- Strategic and analytical mindset is a must
- Ability to work over short-term and long-term projects simultaneously (tactical/strategic)
- Ability to manage projects remotely, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines as determined by Vans
- Strong communication skills both verbally, digitally and in written (in French and English)
- Ability to present complex information in front of mid-sized groups
- Excellent MS Office application skills including Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Knowledge of German and/or Dutch languages is not a must, while it is great addition to expected skill set
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Management, Fashion or Economy are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!