EMEA Head of Trade Marketing, 18 months FTC (Mat Cover)
At Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential
We want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.
COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people—in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
You are a strategically strong Trade Marketeer with extensive exposure to wholesale markets both online and offline. You will be responsible for the effective development and implementation of the seasonal UGG strategic initiatives across Trade Marketing for the EMEA region.
You will do this by understanding the wider needs of the business, combined with the specific Marketing and Commercial direction, and effectively managing and developing a cross-marketing team who have responsibility for “Strategic Accounts” in the UK, France and Germany as well as “Regional Accounts” across all EMEA territories.
- Oversee development of the brand’s seasonal trade launch materials and tools in partnership with the Commercial team
- Guide your team to identify, define and develop bespoke campaigns that target our wholesale partner’s consumers and are in line with seasonal brand objectives
- Work with Marketing Director as well as Senior Sales Directors to define annual budgets by account, taking into consideration the annual sales plan and strategic initiatives
- Manage the overall EMEA Trade Marketing budget in season; providing monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts & reviews, to ensure all marketing activities are delivered within the agreed budget. Effectively communicating any variances to the Finance team
- Ensure all activity is accompanied by a pre and post initiative report with clear ROI measurements in place
- Emphasize delivery of high performing digital campaigns across the online pure player accounts
- Ensure the team maintains strategic account marketing program calendars and holds regular reviews with the Sales Teams on present and future initiatives
- Identify potential new opportunities to reach customers via Trade Fairs and Trunk shows
- Monitor feedback from retail partners and ensure the team represent the Deckers culture during external meetings
- Evaluate the management of all relevant external agencies and ensure that the teams maintain good relationships with our external partners to deliver best practice, quality and value
- Ensure that all local market-led critical paths are integrated with other business critical paths where relevant
- Establish development needs of the team and focus on the growth of individuals as well as the team
Who You Are
- Self-starter who brings passion, enthusiasm & focus to their work
- An excellent communicator and team-player
- Highly creative and commercially minded
- Thrives at developing and leveraging relationships
- Demonstrates resilience and self-awareness
- Makes timely & sound decisions, overcoming setbacks
We would Love to Hear from People with:
- Trade / Wholesale Marketing Experience
- Fashion Lifestyle / Consumer Lifestyle Brand Experience is preferable
- Experience across EMEA markets is preferable
- Experience with online and brick-and-mortar retailers is desirable
- Experience managing, coaching and motivating remote team members is desirable
- Confident in managing budgets & reporting on strategic initiatives
What We Will Give You:
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Generous Holidays & some time away from work – on top of generous holiday allowance, we can generally take advantage of half day Fridays providing our work is finished for the week.
- Extras, discounts, perks & volunteering opportunities – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras.
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development including Global Mentorship Programme
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.