POSITION TITLE: Sustainability Specialist, Logistic (m/f/d)
LOCATION: Garching near Munich / Germany or Altenmarkt/Austria
As a Sustainability Specialist for Logistic, you will contribute to ESG (Environmental Social Governance) management in line with Amer Sports Group and brands objectives to:
- Develop a sustainable strategy for our Distribution and Transportation (D&T) activities: set clear targets, strategies and action plans
- Transfer Amer ESG strategy into daily business in the logistics environment
- Enhance data transparency regarding sustainability
- Educate & train D&T teams on sustainable matters
Support to develop ESG Strategy for Distribution & Transportation:
- Contribute to develop sustainable framework and strategy for Distribution and & Transportation.
- Propose ESG actions to implement, based on the GLEC standards (Global Logistics Emission Council).
- Monitor ESG action plans regarding systems and processes of our logistics teams, including call for tenders, decision-making process and selection of providers.
- Drive action plans on sustainable management for Amer Sports D&T: waste reduction, energy efficiency, water consumption, safety, ethics, code of conduct.
- Work closely with our brands and sourcing team on sustainable packaging solutions for deliveries.
Provide teams with ESG data and KPIs:
- Choose and implement needed traceability tools.
- Communicate internally and monitor KPIs.
- Contribute to data collection of CO2 emissions, energy consumption and waste consumption for our logistics activities, in close relationship with Data Analytics, Warehousing and Transportation teams.
ESG Training and Audits:
- Training of logistics staff on sustainable matters and tools related to ESG.
- Coordinate audits such as social audits of our own warehouses and external logistics providers
Internal communication and training:
- As a member of the ESG community of Amer Sports: coordinate actions with internal sustainability managers of the Group and cooperate with external key players (consultancy agencies and logistics providers).
This position requires to travel approximately 20% of your working time, mainly in Europe.
- Good Knowledge of existing standards and company strategies in sustainability/ESG (Environmental Social Governan
- Analytical skills, Ability to work w
- Good command of Pack Office
- Fast learner
- Change management
- Good communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive meetings efficiently and to follow up action plans
- This position is open for young graduates with a personal interest in sustainability topics.
- It is also an opportunity to prepare a bachelor’s or a master’s thesis on ESG/Sustainability topics in logistics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or logistics/supply chain, with specific focus on Sustainability/ESG or,
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in sustainability, environmental science, environmental studies, natural resources or a similar field.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- An interesting role in an exciting industry
- Career progression and training opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
- Possibility to work from home 2 days a week
Please submit your application online.
When making the application, please state your salary expectation related to this role.