POSITION TITLE: EMEA Content Marketing Executive (m/f/d)
LOCATION: Frimley/UK or Munich/Germany or Barcelona/Spain
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
In this role, you will be responsible for building and implementing a content strategy with paid and earned content distributed across all Wilson channels (social, website, email, blog).
You will be responsible for ensuring content sufficiency, consistency, and quality in line with overall business objectives.
You will play a key role in creating awareness, consideration and driving conversion. You will work closely with the Digital, Ecommerce, PR, and Brand Marketing teams to develop and publish relevant, compelling content that engages our audiences and reflects positively upon the brand.
You are a versatile and passionate writer, with a strong background working on digital content across a variety of channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Define and execute EMEA content strategy with consideration to target audience, where the content will live, how it will be promoted, desired user action and SEO opportunities.
- Working closely with the Brand Marketing Managers, to provide copywriting and content according to the calendar of activations.
- Support the Digital Marketing team with content prioritization and development to drive new customer acquisition across social, email, website, blog and paid media.
- Working with the Brand Marketing Manager own the overall content calendar to deliver content sufficiency to service key campaigns.
- Work closely with the Sports Marketing team to define a framework and produce both user generated and curated content.
- With the Digital Marketing Manager select and manage agencies to provide specific content shoots that meet with campaign objectives.
- Provide copy for communications across, social, email, website, blog and paid media.
- Ensure you are working to the global brand guidelines for copywriting and enforce standards to ensure that all digital copy meets with the guidelines for style, tone, and voice. serve as editor for all digital content accordingly.
- Work with Country Sports Marketing Executives to ensure copy translation meets the tone of the country for where it is intended
- Working with the Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Team track the performance of content against targets and communicate to internal stakeholders (Marketing & Ecommerce).
Budget planning & Management
- Working with the Brand Marketing Manager plan and manage content budgets in line with Wilson fiscal planning cycles.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Journalism, English, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in digital content development, content strategy and editing, with at least 3 years in an ecommerce setting.
- Experience in copywriting, preferably for an e-commerce website and consumer emails, with the ability to tailor content to a variety of difference audiences.
- Familiar with social media platforms and content production preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Exceptional understanding of the convergence of brand marketing and ecommerce and how to get users to engage with content and bolster the overarching brand initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital content best practices and testing methodologies.
- Web analytics tool experience preferred, specifically google and adobe analytics.
- Working knowledge of SEO, including the ability to ensure all content is optimized.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, etc.
- Passion: A Sports enthusiast.
- Fluent in Oral and Written English with exceptional grasp and ability to copywrite in English. Spanish, German or French preferred.
- People oriented – Proven experience in helping people and finding it rewarding to solve people’s problems; proactively using that experience to make the whole service better.
- Problem Solver – Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate cross functionally – You like working hard and thrive on the excitement of a goal-oriented team.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
- An interesting role in a challenging industry
- Professional development opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
- Generous staff discounts across Amer brand portfolio
Please submit your application online. When making the application, please state your salary expectation related to this role.