VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional HR Partner to join our Retail HR team based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As HR Business Partner Retail, you are the sparring partner for managers and employees in our retail stores in the Netherlands (Including Timberland, North Face, Vans, and Kipling). Your focus will be to support the stores regarding performance management, talent management, recruitment, absenteeism, and all other HR related matters. You respond to local needs and implement company HR practice in a consistent way. Your visible presence will help to support and coach Store managers to develop the capabilities of their people.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Supporting District/ Store Managers with employee related activities to ensure these processes operate effectively and within a positive framework of good employment relations;
- Supporting District/ Store Managers on company policies, employment conditions and legislation;
- Creating a close contact to the stores to understand the needs and help them during managing transforming, change and coaching though store visits, meetings, and conference calls;
- Collaborating with Talent Acquisition for the recruitment of Store Management employees and carrying out talent mapping to review talent pipeline, manpower and succession plans;
- Driving the learning and development of store employees through delivery of specific management workshops;
- To support the District Managers in managing and reducing absence through company absence management procedures;
- Networking and build relationships with wider HR function to work together and develop yourself.
- Supporting with HR projects and ensure that continuous feedback is provided on key HR processes, policies, activities to ensure they are 'fit for purpose';
- Being actively involved in various HR related projects.
Skills for Success
Our ideal candidate will have;
- 2-4 years HR professional experience within multi-site environment;
- Interest and understanding of working in a retail environment;
- Computer literate, with a good knowledge of MS Office and HR systems;
- Excellent communications skills, in Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, a 'hands-on' mentality, can set priorities and is not thinking in problems but in solutions
- Self-motivated, flexible, and enthusiastic team player with a strong drive for results
- The willingness to travel 50% per week;
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Human Resources are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you! Please include a cover letter in English as part of your application telling us why you'd be the ideal candidate for this role.
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful applicants for the interview stage.