Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Provide superior product knowledge and service techniques to meet the needs of customers who enter the store. Assisting the Store Manager in all stockroom activities. Other responsibilities include inventory and stock projects as needed.
- Provides superior product knowledge and service techniques to meet the stock needs of the customer.
- Develop product knowledge of store merchandise to enable you to educate the customer and on product features and benefits.
- Correctly measuring and fitting the customer to appropriate NB product, communicating current store promotion and correct price, and reviewing features and benefits.
- Keep floor area neat and organized. This includes stock and inventory functions, i.e. labelling and price marking items and merchandising apparel as needed. Organize and fill sales floor to maximize selling.
- Complete stock transfers, RTV’s and cycle counts.
- Protect Company Assets by greeting customers; attach and detach security tags (if provided); Report shrinkage and security violations. Monitor floor merchandise.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Team player
- Previous experience of working in a retail stockroom would be desirable.
- Ability to perform basic maths and have basic PC and/or cash register skills.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills, good verbal communication skills and enjoy working with the public.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to lift 15 – 40 pounds.
- Flexible work schedule includes weekends, holidays and occasional night shifts.
- Able to work early hours to execute deliveries before store opening.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.