TNF EMEA is looking for an exceptional Sales Manager, Digital Self-Service to join our Marketplace/Multichannel Operations team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives.
We pledge to empower exploration, protect the places where we live, play, and operate and evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As part of the central Marketplace/Multi-Channel Operations function, this position is responsible for the business development and optimization, as well as central operational management of the digital self-service business models (i.e., B2B and Self-service portal for an E2E order management experience), by leading the newly created Digital Self-Service Sales Team.
The Digital Self-Service Sales Manager will take on full revenue responsibility over the entire distribution channel and is also responsible to drive a seamless GTM execution by leveraging digital tools for a best-in-class E2E customer experience of sales campaign.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Be the change agent within the Team and with customers to ensure the maximum usage of self-service business tools.
- Collect and validate feedbacks from the Team and customers on the digital self-service E2E sales processes, with the aim to constantly adjust it and provide a best-in-class customer experience.
- Propose specific actions to accelerate the conversion of accounts on the self-service platforms, with the final goal of achieving sales efficiencies and harmonized standard processes.
- Develop, implement and communicate processes, plans and briefings that will support sales teams to operate and develop their customer base within a digital self-service environment.
- Directly manage and maximize sales by focusing on processes efficiencies within the distribution channel, while protecting brand integrity and brand image.
- Constantly review and fine tune commercial terms & condition, aiming for standardization and consistency while providing a competitive service model to customers.
- Provide frequent and relevant updates, including channel performance, account plans, distribution mapping and long-term plans for the channel, leveraging the MCO Team.
- Drive and manage (virtually or physically) seasonal events with customers – product launches, assortments briefings, seasonal marketing overviews, etc.
- Build, own and update the strategic long-term planning for the whole channel (distribution, geography, product…), within and in alignment to the brand direction.
- Support the Head of Function in driving the Brand OGSTM & GTM Strategy within the channel, by setting and monitoring qualitative KPIs.
- Provide guidance for range selection and product offering, aligned with the Brand segmentation and distribution strategies.
- Actively participate to the Go-To-Market calendar meetings, bringing to life all the support needed to execute the Sales Campaign, in cooperation with the Marketing & Merchandising Teams.
- Renew and/or prolong existing agreements in close alignment with VF legal dep.
- Ensure that any new account enquiry or prospective account meets The North Face’s distribution criteria
- Any other duties as assigned to the Job Holder within the Job Holder’s capabilities.
Skills for Success
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
- Education: Degree in Business Administration, International Business or related field
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ consumer product sales management experience in international sales environment, excellent understanding/knowledge of international Outdoor/Sporting Goods market. A proven track record in managing sales teams and agents, achieving strong results. Tech knowledge (i.e., e-Comm or sales software) is a strong asset.
- Leadership: Strong leadership skills required to manage and influence multiple x-functional stakeholders, to drive and develop the business. Proactive approach and wining attitude in all projects/tasks assigned. Demonstrate strong business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills: Ability to evaluate and withdraw important/useful information and conclusions from various reports and sales data (i.e., forecasts, sales history/projections, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills: Build and maintain strong strategic work relationships within an internal matrix organization as well as extended sales Team.
- Language: Excellent communication skills in English is mandatory (written and spoken), additional European languages as a plus.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Relocation support may be available to applicants who lives more than 100 km from Stabio.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!