At a Glance:
As the Material Lead Apparel Innovation you will lead the creation of a new value chain for our apparel products through reinventing performance materiality and strategic partnerships with innovators and manufacturers within the apparel and textile industry. You will define and execute the global material and apparel innovation product strategy through fearless exploration and material led product creation deeply rooted in circularity and material eco innovation.You will work closely with different departments of the innovation team as well as the product strategy, ESG, sourcing and inline material team while reporting into the Global Head of Innovation.
- Create and lead the apparel innovation project portfolio across the entire apparel product value chain to achieve our ambitious sustainability goals
- Build and foster strong relationships with industry innovators, material suppliers and manufacturers across the globe
- Create and deliver the right tools and processes that seamlessly integrate apparel material technologies into the current On apparel eco-system.
- Evaluate and aim for material-specific targets in regards to the On sustainability roadmap as well as identify opportunities for sustainable innovation.
- Manage and source outstanding material innovations and allow for material-led product innovation, teaming blue sky creative thinking with technical problem solving.
- Work across all material constructions in depth as well as deep diving into machinery, yarns, textile processes and apparel manufacturing. Utilise strong material knowledge parallel to exploring the unknown to create world leading apparel/material innovations.
- Create and deliver the right tools and processes that seamlessly integrate material technologies into the current On material eco-system.
- Lead the Apparel Innovation team through fearless leadership, with trust and mentoring. Strategise team build up for future needs of business.
- Liaise with Design, Product Development, (HQ & ASIA) Product Management, Innovation, and ESG Team, as well as the Sport Science Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Engineering/Technology/Fashion Management/Circular Business from a global leading university or related field.
- 10+ years of global experience as an Apparel or Material (Textile) Innovation Manager in the textile and apparel industry with Asia supplier/factory experience as a fundamental part of previous role.
- Extensive experience travelling globally on a regular basis to industry innovators, material suppliers/mills to create, develop and source On materials, in line with strategy and vision.
- Heightened experience in project management from creative direction through to production.
- Excellent Leadership Capabilities and proven track record of leading and managing teams
- Affinity for Product design and technology, particularly in the technical performance category, with an eye for aesthetics and key awareness of circularity and trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Proven track record of implementing innovation though performance and eco innovative materials with ability to think and act strategically.
- Highly attentive to detail and has the ability to build, organise, and create effective presentations and strategy documents.
- Excellent understanding of the industry’s processes with ability to work autonomously parallel to cross-functional collaboration.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges.
What we offer: