Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
We are seeking an agile and highly analytical Ecommerce Trader within the EMEA Direct to Consumer organization headquartered in Houthavens in Amsterdam and working on the German, French, Austria and Benelux websites (BANGFL). Reporting into Ecommerce Trade Manager, the role is supporting the online commercial strategy and unearth/exploit every opportunity to exceed the Ecommerce targets in these markets.
You will be a trader at heart, read the market, align trading and marketing activity and be able to provide strategic recommendations for the business whilst ensuring we deliver premium brand experience. As Ecommerce Trader, you will develop and drive the trading of online channels to increase sales. Within the role, you will be creating and executing different commercial trading strategies, that will consequently be driving revenue and margin targets. You will also be identifying the conversion opportunities on the ecommerce platform throughout the customer’s journey.
- Owner of the BANGFL trading calendar, creation and execution of the commercial trading plan for these websites with Marketing and Merchandising leads by ensuring we drive revenue whilst protecting brand objectives
- Day to day management and optimisation of the websites across all devices and channels including product display order, colour features, navigation, category hierarchy and overall product discoverability in partnership with Ecommerce Operations team
- Management of the homepage updates, new content pages, promotions and features to be aligned with the product launch calendar in partnership with the Ecommerce Operations team
- Management and the optimisation of the site search results, identification and fixing the failed searches in partnership with the Ecommerce Operations team
- Working closely with Merchandising team to understand seasonal buy, to maximize inventory, ensuring in-stock position to support marketing and web features in the UK; develop strategies to address underperforming inventory
- Producing weekly and monthly reporting & analysis, onsite and category performance and customer behaviour by channel in partnership with the Analytics Lead and ensuring you use these to optimise the user journey, product positioning and categorisation.
- Producing reports on, and analysing product data, stock levels, sell through rates and competitor activity
- Partnering with Ecommerce Marketing to provide trading vision to email, search and social campaigns and with Ecommerce Operations team to ensure all site updates are made in a timely manner and functioning properly
- Leveraging website analytics (GA360) to understand performance and customer interaction with categories, featured product placement, and general online shopping experiences to help identify opportunities and wins
- Identifying locally relevant trends and site features and functionalities in the BANGFL markets (e.g. cultural moments or local payment systems)
- Building relationship with the local Marketing, Wholesale and Product teams to create efficiency and acting as the main point of contact for all BANGFL-related site queries
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Fluent in English and/or German & French
- Strong understanding of German and French markets
- Extensive experience in an Ecommerce or in a fast trading environment, ideally as a Trader or a Digital Merchandiser
- Proven experience in forecasting, digital merchandising and category performance reporting and analysis
- Excellent commercial awareness with a strong focus to maximise conversion
- Highly organised, with an ability to coordinate delivery in collaboration with several teams
- Experience with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) and highly proficient in Excel
- Business user experience in an Ecommerce platform, SFCC is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.