For our eCommerce department based in Geneva (Switzerland), we are looking for a highly motivated Intern – for 6 months, from December 2022 or January 2023.
This position plays an important role in the continued development and growth of our eCommerce business by providing functional and administrative support to deliver the best online experience for users across 10 countries for both Columbia & Sorel brands.
- Participate to the Spring-Summer & Fall-Winter new collections set-up (product copy, visual assets, product attributes, product categorization, etc.) and ongoing on-site optimizations (filters, looks, product badges, product sorting, etc.) that help consumers find the right products and reinforce a positive brand experience.
- Ongoing Website Audit to improve user experience and maximize conversion.
- Provide users product and sizing information to reassure them, resulting in lower return rates and better conversion rate.
- Understand user behaviors and analyze on-site performances through Analytics tools to provide web merchandising recommendations.
- Learn and use best-in class Web-merchandising software (Salesforce) to maximize product discoverability and achieve target KPIs.
- Apply SEO best practices to category and product pages to increase organic visibility.
- Understand online search behaviors by analyzing keyword trends related to our product offering.
- Support the promotional strategy by implementing promotions via Salesforce (ex: coupon codes, promotions).
- Benchmark other websites to suggest web-merchandising improvements and best practices in order to increase sales and conversion.
- Leverage influencers content, to nourish eCommerce sites and promote brand values and environment.
Job Specific Skills:
- Customer experience focused
- Curious & eager to learn
- Genuine interest in outdoor product, apparel and footwear
- Attention to detail
- Autonomous on operational tasks following training phase
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Good oral and written English mandatory
- Keen interest in digital, staying abreast of eCommerce, eMerchandising and eMarketing trends
- Experience or willingness to learn using a best-in-class eCommerce platform and to apply on-site best practices
Education and Experience:
- Studies Business, Merchandising or Digital Marketing
- Academic, personal or work experience in eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing preferred
- Previous experience in apparel or footwear is a plus
What we offer:
- This internship is remunerated
- You will work for exciting and innovative brands
- You will become part of a unique, international and professional team and a family-like atmosphere
This internship must be as part of your studies, with a ‘convention de stage’ (your diploma depends on this internship).
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.