Icebreaker is looking for an exceptional eCommerce Merchandise Planner EMEA to join our EMEA eCommerce team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Driven by the belief that nature has the answers, we provide natural performance alternatives to synthetic-based apparel, to create a healthier and more sustainable future for our species and the planet. We're passionate about connecting people to natural alternatives. In 2022 we continue to launch campaigns and activities to enable people to better understand how their clothes are made, what they are made of and how moving to natural alternatives can make a positive impact. Our plastic-free ambition: We are aiming for all our materials to be plastic-free by 2023. The constant pursuit of better is what drives our progress. We're not perfect, but we're looking for solutions that make a positive difference.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The eCommerce Merchandise Planner is responsible for managing financial and seasonal merchandising plans, driving promotional activities and markdowns, monitoring stock levels, and overall analysing the business of the icebreaker EMEA websites.
How You Will Make a Difference
With your proven experience in analyzing category and product performance, understanding financial and business KPIs you will translate them into key quick-wins and actions whilst feeding them into plans. Furthermore you will be:
- Managing seasonal merchandising plans/open-to-buy for the EMEA eCommerce business in line with yearly and seasonal sales, margin, and stock turn targets.
- Partnering closely with the e-commerce buyer to help determine buy quantities and assortment plans
- Maintaining sales & inventory budget, actualizing & re-forecasting.
- Determining merchandising and financial KPIs of promotional activities and markdowns.
- Managing a balance between full-price and outlet business.
- Developing, updating and circulating reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly basis
- Monitoring and analysing business results from top-line sales to SKU level to measure progress and determine needed adjustments to execution strategies to discuss with the buyer, merchandisers, and eCom team.
- Partnering with the digital site merchandiser to translate financial needs into action plans.
- Evaluating and recommending enhancements to processes, tools, and systems used to drive the planning function for the eCommerce business.
- Partnering with digital key accounts manager to ensure alignment on DTC strategy and inventory levels and forecast.
Skills for Success
You should be highly detail-oriented, with the ability to develop a plan, evaluate the results and realistically forecast subsequent outcomes and make business decisions. Our ideal candidate is equipped with:
- Previous experience in eCommerce or retail planning
- Good knowledge of the eCommerce channel/logics.
- High expertise in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in all other MS Office programs
- Planning and analytical skills: ability to install a plan, evaluate the results and realistically forecast subsequent outcomes and make business decisions.
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of mark-up, margin planning, open-to-buy, inventory productivity measures.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and partner with the product merchandisers/buyers/digital merchandisers to strategize the season and implement the plan.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On-site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!