Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Responsible for the development and management of reporting tools that will provide in-depth analysis, focusing on root cause and continuous improvement opportunities for the business whilst also reporting upon service improvement and successes.
- Develop, maintain and issue a deck of Operational KPI reports that enable the Operations team to better manage the business, to include:
- Analysis, measurement and reporting of: Supply Complete and On-Time (S.C.O.T.) delivery performance; reasons behind order book conversion failures or cancellations; inbound containers and due date system accuracy.
- Report and analysis of aged orders and ensure details are shared with sales managers.
- Update and share the daily warehouse trackers.
- Take corrective action with all departments to resolve issues/constraints to order book conversion as identified through S.C.O.T. and other KPI/SLA analysis.
- Share relevant KPI data with stakeholders across the region.
- Using the KPI reporting data, identify areas of process failure and potential improvement opportunities.
- Highlight all issues and opportunities to the relevant process owners.
- Take ownership of the reservation process, reviewing reservations and allocations to ensure best fit to maximise orderbook conversion considering market and customer prioritisations.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Graduate level in a relevant subject
- Previous experience in an analytical role
- High level of analytical ability
- Advanced Excel skills and highly systems literate
- Able to gain clarity on data from relevant sources
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload and multitask
- Continuous improvement/lifelong learning mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with others
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in order to influence others
- Results driven – follows through to conclusion on all projects/commitments to agreed deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Upholds the core values of Teamwork, Integrity and Total Customer Satisfaction
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.