Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by managing the resolution of application and system issues that arise across the business, with both business skills and functional IT knowledge which demands an ability to manage multiple high-level tasks under pressure.
The Applications Functional Support is often responding to functional problems that occur abruptly and require immediate solutions, in coordination with other teams, besides playing an active role in D365 Regression and Smoke testing and gathering knowledge during transformation process for smother Operations & Support processes.
• Provide functional support of IT systems and integrations to the business end users in Europe in order to solve incidents, requests, problems and events within the defined SLA’s
• Ensure the data integrity, continuity and stability of IT systems and integrations.
• Maintain (training) documentation and procedures related to the use of the IT systems and services
• Maintain the authorization matrix with the duties and permissions per user group per IT system.
• Communicate and transfer knowledge to the appointed key-users of each department
• Perform structured testing and acceptance of applications in case of upgrades, implementations or other changes
• Work with cross-functional teams at a local and international level, where required
• Maintain system and user documentation and deliver regular and customised training to teams within the business, when applicable and when new users are onboarded
• Providing solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders
• Onboard new users into the applications
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• 2-3 years of experience in Support, Helpdesk and/or Service Desk areas
• Experience in supporting business applications (ERP, CRM or product life cycle systems)
• Experience with monitoring and/or supporting IT Systems and Integrations
• Experience with Master Data Management
• Ability to learn and master employer-specific software
• Problem solve and troubleshoot skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate efficiently with business users
• Fluent English is a must
• Extraordinary customer service and relationship management experience
• Self-motivated, self-starter, good follow-through, and able to meet deadlines
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009,2012 or 365 or similar)
Other important details:
• This is a full-time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies