Location: Paris (France)
Reports to: Country Manager France
Effective Date: ASAP
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a results-driven Key Account Representative in Paris, France to manage all Sales functions for Columbia and Sorel Brands on a customer portfolio made up of Outdoor Active and Lifestyle Accounts across France. This is a newly created role supporting the current growth of our lifestyle category that will enable Columbia to unlock new territories. The Key Account Representative will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in-order-to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability. In this role you will be reporting directly to the Country Manager and will be part of a dynamic and multicultural team across Europe.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work closely with Country Manager to establish appropriate sales goals based on European Roadmap and priorities, sales history analysis, good relationships with accounts and projected market trends. This includes a 3-year strategic plan
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers (Citadium, Galeries Lafayette, Printemps, BHV, Courir, and some independent lifestyle accounts)
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain strong business and customer relationships
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments (marketing, sales, account services, product)
- Develop relationship and lobby the most influential Outdoor Active members (ex : Citadium)
- Visit on a regular basis the key active doors of the assigned customers in order to develop : gross to net optimization, training, brand visibility, competitive benchmark etc.
- Provide regular and documented sales & performance reporting (defined KPIs + sell out) as well as feedback on the progress of the various accounts and projects you are responsible for
- Drive an omnichannel approach to ensure visibility and performance across physical and digital channels of the assigned customers
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and market trends
- University-level diploma or degree in Business Administration or related discipline. Related equivalent experience can substitute for education requirements
- From 3-5 years of sales experience, including experience managing Key Accounts or/and Department Stores for an Apparel/Sportswear/Fashion/Lifestyle or Footwear brand
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of the French and European sporting goods / lifestyle industry
- Good knowledge of the Lifestyle and Sneakers industry and a willingness to share this knowledge with your team
- Experience using order management systems and working with product pricing and inventory is preferred
- Experience using SAP, Salesforce.com or other ERP/CRM tools desirable
- French perfectly fluent and good level of English. You are a strong communicator
- Able to analyze market conditions and respond with appropriate strategies and direction.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a proven track record in sales
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- A team player
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Must be very good in creating good relationships with general stakeholders at all levels of business
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- High energy, passionate, goal oriented and driven
- Passionate about learning new skills and always bring a Growth mindset !
We are all about connecting active people with their passions. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong.
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.