Icebreaker is looking for an exceptional Global Digital UX Designer & Developer to join our Digital team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Driven by the belief that nature has the answers, we provide natural performance alternatives to synthetic-based apparel, to create a healthier and more sustainable future for our species and the planet. We're passionate about connecting people to natural alternatives.
We continue to launch campaigns and activities to enable people to better understand how their clothes are made, what they are made of and how moving to natural alternatives can make a positive impact. Our plastic-free ambition: We are aiming for all our materials to be plastic-free by 2023. The constant pursuit of better is what drives our progress. We're not perfect, but we're looking for solutions that make a positive difference.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as the Global Digital UX Designer & Developer will be responsible to enhance icebreaker’s seamless consumer journey that eliminates friction points by delivering best-in-class digital experiences through a disciplined UX/CX/design-thinking practice and a relentless focus on consumer insights.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will champion the digital consumer to create user-centered interaction design and lead the adoption of a systematic iterative design process to gather consumer feedback, identify pain points, and translate insights into elegant designs to be developed. You will achieve this by:
- Understanding the needs of our users and roadmap priorities and requirements to define customer experiences that are cohesive with our brand across the entire icebreaker’s digital ecosystem
- Creating elegant experiences that account for complex user flows and technical constraints in collaboration with the Product Manager, Product Owner, and other Developers as well as the Brand, Design, and Marketing teams to ensure consistency across the entire consumer value chain.
- Visualizing and communicating ideas, wireframes, and graphical outputs to Digital stakeholders to obtain aesthetic, functional, and technical feedback as part of the iteration and refinement process.
- Driving the conversion rate optimization (CRO) program on the .com channel through continuous improvement and backlog prioritization, substantiated by data and insight derived from tests (A/B, real users, etc.).
- Collaborating with agile, multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate the feasibility of proposed features and designs to create phased approaches to development and testing.
- Bringing the UX designs to life by contributing to the development of front-end code alongside other developers within the squad.
- Facilitate feedback loops from key consumer touchpoints such as survey data and reviews to ensure organization-wide visibility to identify customer satisfaction improvement opportunities and drive continuous action.
Skills for Success
You should be an expert UX/UI practitioner who is empathetic towards icebreaker’s digital consumers with an insatiable drive for simplicity and perfection. You’ll have:
- A strong expertise in UX tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator & Google Optimize
- A demonstrated visual design expertise with the capacity for creating engaging and elegant designs and interaction patterns
- The capability to scope design initiatives accurately, prioritize work items appropriately, meet project deadlines, and turn around high-fidelity wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in deriving insights and actions by combining the subjectivity of user feedback and objectivity of key usability metrics
- A keen interest in keeping abreast with the latest technologies, design philosophy, and industry UI/UX trends
A University Bachelor or Master’s degree in interaction design, visual arts, communication, creative, or equivalent experience designing component-based web, mobile, or desktop applications.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!