VF Corporation is looking for a Lease Accounting Analyst to join our General Ledger Accounting team based in Antwerp, Belgium.
Our Shared Service Center is part of the VF family with brands as The North Face, Vans, Timberland, Dickies, Eastpak, Altra, Napapijri, Smartwool, Kipling, Supreme, Smartwool and Icebreaker. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The lease accounting team oversees and manages VF’s leases across EMEA in cooperation with the real estate team.
As Lease Accounting Analyst you will ensure a correct and timely closing of lease accounting activities, review the rent costs and posting of adjustments. You will manage the AMT (lease administration and lease accounting system) and the FASB (i.e. lease schedule containing future payments of the liabilities and depreciations of the right of use) module; and review the changes to AMT data. You will also attend the real estate meetings with Brand Finance, Real Estate, Accounts Payable and Local Finance to have the correct knowledge to maintain the lease accounting system.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the upcoming new or changes to lease events
- Manage the AMT (lease administration and lease accounting system) and update the FASB module
- Prepare, follow-up and finalize monthly closings
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
- Balance and P/L control: Check the rent expense and post the necessary accruals
- Yearly impairment process: Add the impairments in the lease accounting system and check the postings proposed by the system
- Prepare the yearly USGAAP to statutory rent expense entries
- Prepare and answer questions related to Internal and external audits
- Prepare the SOX-controls in place to be reviewed by the coordinator lease accounting or manager
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and training materials
How You Will Make a Difference
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills including critical thinking, decision making, trouble shooting and problem solving
- Open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Skills for Success
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or similar studies/experience
- Interest in learning the specificities of accounting in a multinational environment
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English, Dutch is a plus
- SAP or other ERP knowledge is a plus
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- The capability to resolve detailed and strong analytical issues
- An understanding of USGAAP is a plus
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!