At a Glance:
A rare opportunity to become part of the world’s fastest growing sports company has just become available in Ho Chi Minh City office. We are looking for an inspiring leader who will lead the amazing team of footwear innovation developers who are based in Zurich HQs and Vietnam on strategic development and operational execution of innovation projects to meaningful and scalable in-line commercialisation.
On’s Innovation Team is responsible for On’s future, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On footwear from all other footwear product in the market. Joining the Innovation Team at On and you will be a part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering and sports science.
- Provide advanced product and process knowledge to guide and direct the creation of innovative concepts, research, prototyping, and projects and make sure all innovation concepts created by innovation team to be transferred and ready for in-line developments through Technical Transfer Manual (TTM).
- Manage TTM handover to supply base to ensure that all information provided is complete. Drive product revision rounds with cross-functional teams and provide technical support as required after supply base feedback.
- Drive innovation until commercialisation by checking the fit for purpose, the feasibility, the scalability in terms of machine investments and by managing cost engineering
- Collaborate with horizontal Advanced Operations and other vertical advanced teams to share knowledge and define adaptation potential across the Brand for new technologies and help assure inline implementation.
- Lead complex problem solving related to product, process, efficiency, machining and scalable manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain and own footwear innovation product calendar from concept to inline.
- Build strategic partnership with both internal and external partners of On to cultivate new ideas and deliver groundbreaking projects that challenge and shape the future of On’s products.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members of different teams (Development, Design, Operations, Sourcing) and – if necessary – co-lead horizontal Advanced Operations projects per defined project.
- Understand key cost drivers and establish a transparent cost structure for new technologies and processes in collaboration with costing and supply base.
- Ensure legal requirements, i.e. IP rights r NDA, are established.
- Continuously improve on cost, quality, speed, and sustainability of all products.
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- A entrepreneurial mindset and creative thinking, an eagerness for differentiation and a natural push for excellence.
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively work in cross-functional team setups.
- Very strong and persistent brand integrity needed.
- Strong E2E product creation understanding and profound knowledge of key creation processes (e.g. constructions, patterns, technology, manufacturing, materials etc.).
- Strong IT skills (MS office) and ability to work with Product Data Management (PDM) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) Systems.
- Strong understanding of costing principles and ability to negotiate as required.
- Strong leadership acumen and proven ability to lead a team to solve a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort adapting communication style between cross-functional partners at all levels.
- Ability to travel frequently between On’s HQs and Vietnam.
- A passion for thinking differently, trying new things and challenging the status quo.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.