At a Glance:
This role is located in Portland, OR for a hybrid work environment.
As the fastest-growing shoe brand on the planet, we lead the way in direct fan interaction at major sporting expos, established group runs, our own branded events, grassroots retail activities and tradeshows. We are looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial events expert that will push our experiential events into the post-covid future with a focus true to On’s DNA, in Performance Running. They will be a critical part of On’s North American marketing team in Portland, OR, and a key partner with our events team at our Zurich HQ. The right person will blend multi-sensory in-person event experiences with digital elements to create enduring brand love and colossal WOMM. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who can deliver on the organizational detail of events work, while bringing endless creativity and a thirst for experimentation to support On’s growth in North America.
We’re the friend who shows you where to find city adventures, the run crew captain who won’t let you slow into the finish, the trail runner who pushes you to the summit to soak up the sunrise. We love getting to know our community and finding out what they want and need. We’re always looking for new, interesting ways to communicate our products – so if you have an idea that could be our new secret weapon, speak up and run with it (literally)!
We’re big thinkers and change-makers, constantly reinventing how we do things – questioning the status quo and finding new ideas to try as inspiration strikes us.
- Bring events to life from concept to planning to flawless execution and evaluation, in the US + Canada and ability to travel as needed across North America.
- Push consumer-led events innovation that taps current cultural and industry trends while bringing a fresh brand experience to market
- Create memorable B2B experiences through outdoor industry and running industry trade shows and relationship building events
- Conceptualize and scale new event formats to actively grow and engage our North America fan base
- Ensure events are “on brand” down to the last detail and deliver on our strategy and vision
- Collate and analyze event data to test and learn across various event formats
- Lead the development of integrated communication plans pre, during, and post events
- Be the main point of contact for external event partners and vendors, growing and negotiating the relationships
- Track and manage event budget and ensure events are produced within budget provided. Submit, track, and accrue invoices.
- Manage and maintain event materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field. Combination of education and experience will be considered
- 3+ years experience within events, marketing, agency or related role
- Experience as a successful project manager with excellent organizational skills
- Experience designing an event with a message around key product; product merchandising experience a plus
- Proven success working cross-functionally across many teams, including: Sales, Tech Reps, Marketing, and Customer Service
- Capacity to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- The attitude of a team player and an entrepreneurial mindset that thrives when challenged
- A passion for innovation and improvement – experience conceptualizing new event formats to deliver the WOW
- Hands-on involvement to bring events to life – from concept to planning to execution and evaluation
- Strong computer skills, with preferable experience in Asana, Salesforce, Dropbox, and Google suite
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently
- Willingness to travel up to 50%; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs
What we offer: