At a Glance:
This role is located in Portland, OR for a hybrid work environment.
As the Retail Marketing Manager for On in North America, you and your team will create inspirational and inclusive consumer touch-points across On’s own retail and wholesale channel. You will lead the team that delivers dynamic consumer engagement opportunities and drives conversion in world-class retail experiences from flagships to local run specialty stores. You will partner closely with internal teams including design, campaigns, digital, and sales to ensure that the key components of our brand are communicated in every retail marketing touchpoint. Your broad scope will include digital assets for our wholesalers, experiential build outs for our own retail channel, and bringing the brand to life in stores large and small across the US and Canada.
We’re the friend who shows you where to find city adventures, the run crew captain who won’t let you slow into the finish, the trail runner who pushes you to the summit to soak up the sunrise. We love getting to know our community and finding out what they want and need. We’re always looking for new, interesting ways to communicate our products – so if you have an idea that could be our new secret weapon, speak up and run with it (literally)!
We’re big thinkers and change-makers, constantly reinventing how we do things – questioning the status quo and finding new ideas to try as inspiration strikes us.
- Partner with global design, trade marketing, campaigns, and sales teams to develop, drive and execute inspiring and integrated retail concepts that deliver against the strategic vision and GTM plan.
- Wield co-op dollars, fixtures, campaign assets, grassroots events, tech support and more to boost sell-through, both online and in brick and mortar.
- Partner with our regional sales team leaders to craft and uphold the tiering strategy to match our marketing investment to the accounts’ value.
- Set a new industry standard with how our brand partners with independent retailers and provides omnichannel marketing support via our fledgling Cirrus Program.
- Translate marketing campaigns and product launches into retail experiences that build brand awareness.
- Partner with our field teams to ensure the brand story is told in a consistent and engaging way across all retail touchpoints, digital and in-store, from staff education to consumer conversion.
- Align with global trade marketing, visual merchandising, and DTC retail teams to ensure consistency of in-store product presentation between our own retail stores and our partners’.
- Oversee fixture production, warehousing and installation for North America with local and global vendors.
- Lead and develop a team of six high-achieving Retail Marketing Producers who implement these projects, with a focus on raising the bar for “corporate culture”
- Plan and manage a quickly-growing, multi-million dollar budget to activate our brand in retail channels.
- Capture and apply data-driven retail marketing insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail, retail brand, brand marketing or comparable fields
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience managing a team
- Confident knowledge of the wholesale retail environment
- Conversant in the language of digital marketing
- Multi-tasking capabilities, with ability to drive forward a variety of different projects and work streams at one time
- Strong share-out skills to communicate your vision, successes, and challenges to key stakeholders
- Strong people skills, diplomacy and collaborative spirit
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment, making judgment calls and shifts as needed
What we offer: