Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by playing a key role on the business processes, technical infrastructure and systems that are supporting the Finance & Credit team and wider EMEA organization and assisting with development, testing and maintenance of the Dynamics 365 F&O (D365) program and ensure the systems alignment with organizational needs.
The Business Analyst Finance also supports in issue resolution that arise across the organization with a focus on the finance function, by combining both business and functional IT knowledge and has the ability to manage projects and communicate to stakeholders in different levels of the organization.
• Act as the core Finance representative for D365 process improvements for Patagonia EMEA.
• Act as an expert for all accounting and credit control business processes and systems.
• Project Management: Work with the overall Finance & Credit team (and external developers) to plan and execute various projects as needed.
• Ensure product backlog completeness and planning with the Finance function and other team members, inline with the project methodology
• Build and maintain a 3-5 year Initiative Roadmap for Finance.
• Translate business needs into user stories, technical specifications and process models for the solutions for the finance department.
• Support and validate completeness of user stories, perform structured testing and acceptance of applications in case of upgrades, implementations or other changes related to Finance and any cross-functional topic.
• Work closely with the (IT) System Analysts in translating business needs into technical specifications and documentation. Liaise with European business owners, IT team, 3rd party providers and US counterpart to ensure alignment on process design.
• Advise on risk mitigating procedures during projects and process changes align with internal control set up and requirements.
• Support in defining data parameters, data cleansing and validation processes.
• Ensure alignment and dependencies with other processes or functions are captured and considered while designing solutions
• Continuously inform oneself about the latest trends and developments and evaluate and suggest new D365 functionality and system enhancements to achieve optimum system performance and streamline processes
• Play an active role in change management through user training to unable efficient use and adoption of systems and processes.
• Support the Finance & Credit team members and execute certain tasks when required, eg cover for other members.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Degree (in finance, accounting or related areas) or similar years’ work experience
• At least 3-5 years work experience in accounting, good understanding of all financial business processes: OTC, P2P, R2R
• At least 2-3 years experience in a similar role/ experience with technical implementations
• Excellent Excel Skills is a must. Knowledge of PBI, Power Query and/ or SQL will a plus
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with other, motivate colleagues, and elicit work output
• Strong communication skills and ability to motivate and develop team members across multiple locations and functions
• A track record of experience working in a fast paced, commercial environment and the ability to be successful in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to act in a consultative role to understand functional business processes, related information technology needs, and develop solutions and delivery proposals.
• Flexible, self-motivated, adaptable and hands on
• Language Skills: Fluent English, other languages an asset
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics D365 Finance & Operations (F&O)
• DevOps and project management experience
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies