Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by creating an amazing experience for our customers and making a positive impact in the community, using the store as a vehicle for change and acting as a brand advocate inside and outside of the store. Our stores support local environmental groups with donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events that provide a platform to share and engage in activism and you will be a part of it.
• Welcome, assist, and engage customers by providing a positive experience for everyone who comes in—ensuring that the customer’s needs are understood and met.
• Understand and meet the specific needs of each customer with kindness and creativity, making sure every person is treated with equal respect and professionalism.
• Share your knowledge of core sports and products and your passion for the environment to provide support to grassroots environmental groups and create engagement with our customers.
• Contribute to a team that is responsible for the store’s success through customer service, merchandising, operations, events, and environmental activism.
• Perform daily store operations: checking and replenishing stock whenever necessary, operating the cash register, as well as opening and closing it, merchandise the store during downtimes (folding, hanging, steaming and stocking), etc.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors.
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work.
• A colleague with demonstrated service experience, who thrives in a team-based atmosphere.
• Enthusiasm and interest in learning about our products, values and history. Passion about the environment and caring for others.
• A colleague who deals well with ambiguity, learns on the fly, demonstrates sound judgment, and solves problems creatively.
• Accuracy with money handling and register use.
• Language skills: fluent in English and German.
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Experience working in the retail and/or outdoor industry.
• If you participate in and appreciate our core sports (climbing, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, mountain biking, trail running) it will be a plus.
Other important details:
• This is a part-time position based in Berlin store.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardized questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
• This is a shorter version of the job description. You can read the full outline of the job here:
Why join our store?
Our stores are designed to be hubs for our communities, where we inspire, educate and engage with environmental and social defenders and those who love wild places and outdoor sports. For example, we support local groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events.
You will join a passionate team working to protect the wild places around us and changing the retail industry for the better, whilst having fun together.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• Retail field days, where you and your colleagues experience a day together in the outdoors.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to a seasonal clothing allowance to showcase our gear in the store and in the wild.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies