About the role
As a Merchandiser you will select and acquire the product assortment range for company owned European retail stores and E-COMM, using factors such as Open To Buy (OTB) financials, localised market needs, seasonal trends, pricing strategies and Stock Keeping Unit management needs.
As part of the role you will work direct with Planning, Allocations, Visual, Marketing and Store Operations.
Our Merchandisers main duties and responsibilities will consist of but not limited to:
- Collaborate and work closely with the US Domestic Merchandisers and International Merchandiser Manager, to identify quarterly and seasonal assortment selections.
- Develop assortment plans tailored to the European market by driving sales based on store volume, SKU count capabilities, and store capacities to ensure appropriate depth is achieved by store volume and size.
- Effectively achieve company sales plans by consistently reviewing and editing product assortments within bulks and stores on a weekly basis.
- Review assortments sell through pricing opportunities, and individual store performance.
- Understand the Global Business markdown and promo cadences and modify as appropriate for European locations.
- Initiate quarterly buys for all new styles and re-buys for core carry over styles.
- Identify, develop, and manage an assortment of new and core product ownership in the Belgium/UK distribution centre warehouse to fulfil store replenishment.
- Analyse product history and trends, strategise and react, based on the findings from company generated reports to drive sales.
- Provide guidance and vision to the allocations team that reflects the desired assortments in all store types.
- Identify the business topline strategy and how to implement within own departments.
- Create assortment plans for all new stores.
- Undertake local market knowledge and analysis.
- Understand local market holidays and their merchandising implications and product depth during these peak periods.
- Participate in the effective management of the localisation of merchandise from the Distribution Centre (DC) in a timely manner, accounting for product sensitivities.
- Understand which products have been identified to be advertised in mailers by the domestic brand merchants.
- Partner with Planning to ensure appropriate product distribution sales goals for European business.
- Participate in the management of OTB (open to buy) established by Planning by influencing quantities to order by style, colour, and size for European locations.
- Partner with Planning and Allocation to develop and implement replenishment, reorder, and store transfer plans for the European business.
- Manage pricing & product lifecycle management.
- Assist in identifying business opportunities and risks in-season through analysing sales performance and gathering marketplace benchmarks.
Core skills as a Merchandiser
You will have proven experience as a Merchandiser with solid project management experience and the flexibility to adapt to change. In addition, you will need to demonstrate the skills / experience below:
- Possess the strong ability to understand and act upon financial retail indicators such as sales, inventory productivity and sell-through.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability prioritise and manage time
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel for reporting and analysis
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to work cross functionally and develop relationships.
- Highly collaborative and able to operate at all levels, internally and externally.
- This role will involve international and domestic travel.
What you’ll get
- Full Time permanent role working Mon-Fri
- Competitive Salary
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Product discount
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Long Service Award
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this sounds like a role for you, please click to apply, and visit about.skechers.com/careers/ for more details on Skechers.