At a Glance:
The Technical Representative opening at On is a great opportunity for a customer-focused candidate with a passion for education and training. As the product knowledge expert in your region, you will work closely with the sales representative to brainstorm and execute strategies for effective sell-through and keep our retail accounts happy. This position will be travel intensive and requires travel 60% of the time, and our ideal team member will leave within about an hour drive from Detroit, Michigan.
If you’re up for the adventure, submit your interest to join the fastest-growing sports brand in the world.
At On North America we are passionate about running, the planet, our community, growing our team, and bringing the fastest growing running brand globally, to new customers. Be it in our offices in Portland or New York, supporting our stores across the country, running and hiking trails all over, we remain committed to fun, broadening our horizons, holding ourselves to the highest standards, and we’re looking for more people who share these values to join us.
- Conduct product clinics detailing technical features of On shoes
- Check inventory and facilitate fill-in orders
- Support store events with product demos and giveaways
- Set up and work local expos with retailers
- Set up in-store merchandising
- Aid in staffing of corporate events
- Build relationships with new stores
- Act as the eyes and the ears of the company by providing insight to the On team and local Sales Representatives
- Engage local community to create buzz around the On brand and products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology, Sales, Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field preferred but not required
- 1-2 years’ work experience; Sales or Tech Rep experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Gmail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in the run specialty or outdoor retail industries preferred but not required
- Comfort and ease with presenting to retailers, customers, and industry professionals
- Passion and experience in running and outdoor pursuits preferred but not required
- General knowledge of human physiology as it applies to running
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time; travel percentage will fluctuate based on business needs to cover this territory
- Candidate's must live within about an hour drive from Detroit, Michigan
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.