At Mizuno Corporation EMEA we're looking for a Shipping & IP Lead to join our team.
At Mizuno Corporation EMEA we’re looking for a Shipping & IP Lead to join our team.
About the job
A key role within the day-to-day operations of our Customs & Compliance team, part of our wider Supply Chain division, this role requires excellent import and export knowledge combined with strong knowledge of inward processing to ensure effective cost management and savings, as well as excellent communication skills. You’ll be part of a small and close-knit team who work together to ensure effective solutions are implemented to meet wider business needs.
Initially based in the office for training, this team work on a hybrid basis comprising of 2 days per week in the office between Monday – Thursday with the full team meeting in the office every Friday for key meetings.
Key roles and responsibilities include;
- Be the SME on the CAS (Customs) duty management customs System
- Process shipments, both import and export through the CAS system
- Maintain the accuracy of all master data within CAS.
- Understand the decision tables that sit behind CAS and to be able to maintain these tables and amend them where necessary due to the constantly changing customs landscape
- Able to run reports from CAS and to provide reports to Finance as and when required
- Able to reconcile stock holding with 2 other systems
- Create Electronic Files and input copies of all documents in these files so that they are held in the event of a customs audit
- Complete costing analysis for import shipments
- Ensure completion of Export files from UK to EU and Ireland and ensure that correct country of origin and duty rates have been applied
- Check 3rd Party Logistics provider invoices to ensure that they have been charged in line with the expected costs
- Operate IP (inward processing) initially outside of the customs software but then within CAS when the CAS system goes live in the UK
- Able to classify products in accordance with HMRC guidelines in order to obtain the correct commodity code from the HMRC Harmonised Tariff
Company Pension scheme
Mizuno staff discount on a wide range of products
Private Health & Dental Care
Leisure subsidy – contribution to your gym/golf membership
Employee Assistance Programme
Retail discount scheme
33 days holiday including public holidays with additional days for long serving staff members
The ideal candidate will be/have;
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy
- Good understanding of International trade including INCOTERMS
- Understanding of Customs procedures (CFSP, Bonded warehouse and Inward processing)
- Knowledge of AEO accreditation
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and to meet required deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels of seniority
- Excellent administration skills
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Shipping & IP Lead? Then we’d love to hear about you!