VF Europe is looking for an exceptional Sr. Treasury Analyst to join our Treasury team based in Antwerp, Belgium.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The Sr. Treasury Analyst EMEA in the Financial Risk Management & Treasury Accounting EMEA team will take responsibility to develop and maintain operating strategies to ensure accurate financial treasury reporting and appropriate foreign currency exposure hedging in compliance with hedge accounting and treasury controls.
You will work closely with internal business partners to identify and hedge foreign currency risks and monitor the accounting and reporting on hedge transaction activity in accordance with accounting standards. You will also be responsible to prepare financial reporting and to generate the accounting entries related to intercompany loans, third party deposits and notional pooling interest.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Maintaining best practice regarding Forex management operations and take responsibility on financial support in the areas of foreign risk management.
- Monitoring the Anticipated Forex exposure reports and adequate foreign exchange risk reporting.
- Determining and hedging of the balance sheet foreign currency exposure and evaluating the foreign exchange results by analyzing the financial statements.
- Preparing Treasury Reporting including cash and debt, pool interest, quarterly treasury reporting and cash flow reporting.
- Ensuring the timely reporting of the monthly interest accruals to the accounting team.
- Overseeing intercompany loans and monitoring the financing (internal or external) of the European subsidiaries.
Skills for Success
You should be a strong analytical, proactive team player with a solid accounting knowledge and hands-on approach, with:
- An understanding of accounting standards practices related to foreign currency financial reporting.
- The ability to collaboratively develop the “best practice” within a fast paced and changing environment.
- The willingness to accomplish team goals and meet critical deadlines.
- Proficient spreadsheet and database management skills.
- A keen interest in technical system set-up and in exploring efficiency improvements.
- The capability to work accurate with high integrity and ethical standards.
- System expertise with SAP, FX All, ChathamDirect or Integrity treasury software is a real plus.
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Applied Economics or Commercial Engineering are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package:
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- We offer flexible working arrangements with 2 days in the office in combination with home-working – in agreement with your manager
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!