Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by elevating the Visual Merchandising experience at Point of Sale, providing feedback to the internal and external team, and making sure that Patagonia’s visual merchandising principles are being applied according to VM brand guidelines
Under the guidance and support of the Visual Merchandising Manager you will be involved in different internal projects such as Trade Shows and seasonal Showroom setup, new store opening, improving the feedback to and from the existing stores, etc. Within those projects you will learn how to and do the following:
• provide feedback to the Store Staff to ensure they actively support Patagonia’s Visual Merchandising principles.
• plan and manage the Visual Merchandising Calendar for Europe in the Retail, Partner, Shop-in-Shop and Showroom locations.
• support the distribution of monthly window guidelines, seasonal documents, and other visual merchandising documents.
• order seasonal props for the stores for special windows executions.
• create in-store planograms for the retail stores using the Visual Merchandising software IWD.
Based on your skills and interests to learn, we will set objectives and goals for your internship related to Visual Merchandising.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Currently enrolled in studies or recently graduated.
• Interest in Visual Merchandising and Retail Stores; some in-shop experience will be a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, familiarity with some graphic design software; ability to quickly learn new software (particularly Visual Merchandising software like IWD, InDesign).
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and a pro-active approach to business.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Available to travel in Europe for store openings and trade shows setup if requested (up 10% of working time).
Other important details:
• This is a full time internship based in Amsterdam.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies