Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Digital Merchandise Planner to join our eCommerce team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The Digital Merchandise Planner enables the Timberland European own operated website to drive profitable sales and margin through the creation and maintenance of sales and demand plans, the creation of reporting on merchandise and business performance, and an in deep focus on inventory control and stock optimization.
Building strong partnership with various functions within the organization, including Merchandise Buying & GTM, Digital Trading and Demand Planning will be crucial to oversee digital inventory management, reporting and financial forecasting.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will play a key-role in the omnichannel inventory governance process and informed by the annual merchandise financial plan, will be responsible to optimize the stock position at product level and deliver against the VF and Timberland inventory objectives. You will achieve this by:
- Creating and maintaining the reporting on ECOM merchandise planning and business performance, guaranteeing elevated standards of information and accuracy.
- Working on Inventory Management and coverage optimization at product/size level and across our DCs, with focus on trading performance and stock level optimization, delivering against Timberland inventory and financial objectives.
- Managing and maintaining the ECOM forecast at product and size level in the systems (i.e. monthly PIR submission in SAP).
- Working in partnership with the Digital Planning Manager to lead and execute a best-in-class digital Merchandising Planning process fully aligned with our overall brand strategy, purpose-led positioning and with the seasonal merchandising strategy in strong relationship with brand GTM calendar to ensure seamless execution and strong accelerated growth.
- Working in partnership with finance, eCommerce Buying and Digital Trading teams and work with the Digital Planning Manager on the development of yearly and seasonal merchandise financial plans across Revenue, COGS, Discounts, Margins, ASP and Units
- Optimizing ways of working by contributing to setting up of new processes, tools, and reports.
Skills for Success
You should be a performance driven, resilient, result-oriented and self-starter team player with:
- Previous experience in a Merchandise Planning, Buying or equivalent Business Planning role.
- Relevant experience within a fast-paced retail business, ideally working in the Ecommerce /Digital channel.
- Deep understanding of retail, planning and digital KPI’s and metrics.
- Excellent analytical skills and data crunching abilities.
- Outstanding business and financial acumen.
- Consumer-first, data savvy and brand-driven mindset.
- Maturity in managing organizational complexity and effective communication.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of Access, SAP and BI systems is a plus.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose:
We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!