Location: Cambrai (European Distribution Center), France
Reports to: Director – Logistics Technology (based in Canada)
Effective Date: ASAP, Permanent contract (CDI)
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Supply Chain Technology team is looking for a Distribution Digital Technology Manager for our European Distribution Centre located in Cambrai, France.
Reporting to the Director – Logistics Technology (based in Canada), you will serve as the regional technology leader for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), Distribution Data Analytics and Transportation Management Systems (TMS). The manager is further responsible for all hardware in use in their regional facility, including Warehouse Controls Systems, WIFI and SD-WAN Networks, End User Computing equipment, Automated Equipment (in partnership with Maintenance manager and team) such as Sorters, Conveyors and Put to Light systems, Phone systems and RF devices. They help to develop; test and plan Disaster Recovery Processes & maintain preventative maintenance schedules for their local equipment.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Manage implementation and rollout of upgrades and patches for distribution systems such as Warehouse Management, Labor Management, and Transportation Management.
- Oversee supported equipment, managing repair/replacement and maintaining spare inventory as needed to minimize production downtime.
- Hire, train, review, and motivate staff. Provide leadership and measure the effectiveness of the team. Coach team in Agile processes, project management, ITIL foundations for service management and change management. Engage in succession planning for regional department, ensuring business sustainability for the long term.
- Work closely with Distribution Center Operations, Digital Technology, Engineering, Facilities, Controls Systems staff to support production requirements and respond in a timely way to production issues. Includes support, training and follow-up efforts.
- Provide Data Analytics services to DC Operations and Engineering. May include the development of reports, ad-hoc data mining efforts using SQL or the publishing of dynamic data tools such as Power BI reports. Follow established change management procedures to roll out new data solutions to other Distribution Centers in the network.
- French and English fluent
- A leader with business engagement skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to build relationships and influence outcomes in a highly cross-functional matrix organization.
- Flexible. Can translate abstract concepts into defined objectives and drive for results.
- Experienced in the management of people, processes and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business or related field. Or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of progressively complex responsibility in Technology/Information Systems management, preferably with an organization that has implemented highly automated distribution systems.
- Excellent presentation/verbal/written communication skills to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to individuals of different backgrounds, technical expertise, and levels of authority
- Thorough knowledge of distribution systems / warehouse management systems (WMS). Manhattan Associates WM knowledge preferred.
- Experience in DC technologies such as mobility/RFID/Cloud/MHE /ASRS
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall SDLC environments
- Experience in preparing business case including ROI models
- Passionate about learning new skills and always bring a Growth mindset !
We are all about connecting active people with their passions. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong.
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.