As Customs & Trade Manager Germany (m/f/d) you will be a Member of the Global Tax Department, leading Amer Sports’ Customs Operations Team located in Ueberherrn (Saarland) responsible for internal brokerage as well as coordinating external Customs Brokers. The geographical focus is primarily Germany with the possible (future) extension to Austria and Switzerland (D-A-CH-Region). In this role you will ensure Customs & Trade (import, bonded warehouse, and export) activities of Amer Sports are fully compliant and performed in accordance with the applicable customs laws, regulations, and related internal procedures with the aim to achieve best-in-class performance.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Managing customs operations (imports, bonded warehouse, and exports) executed by Amer Sports’ Customs Operations Team in Germany as well as by external Brokers and assuring compliance with according customs regulations.
• Managing operational trade and customs issues related to customs regulations, including coordination and professional support of external audits by the Customs Authorities.
• Responsible for Customs Licenses, AEO (Authorized Economic Operator), and Customs Operations reporting.
• Monitoring (self-assessment) of Customs Operations in order to ensure business compliance and improve efficiency in respect to customs laws and regulations with the aim to achieve operational excellence.
• Preparing and providing regular updates on business performance and progress on trade and customs compliance issues.
• Close collaboration with Amer Sports’ Customs Centre of Excellences to support implementation of new legally prescribed regulations (changes in customs laws and regulations) as well as implementing changes of internal procedures and processes.
• Conducting phased project work in relation to Customs input involving changes to supply chain and supply flows for all imported and exported products.
• Supporting automation technology to improve customs operations compliance and efficiency.
• Managing and developing the Customs Team to include appraisal counselling. Being an integral member of the Global Customs Team and wider Tax Department.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Customs & Trade, Economics, Logistics, or equivalent diplomas
• Familiar with of customs law, regulations, and policies applicable in Europe, especially in the European Union.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in international trade compliance in a medium to large size company.
• Proficient in import, bonded warehouse, and export processes and formalities in Germany.
• Excellent communication skills in German language is essential. Must also be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Relevant experience in sports’ and/or fashion industry is ideal.
• Knowledge and experience with AEO Certification and in creating, maintaining, and monitoring compliance with trade and customs controls and processes is preferred.
• Proficient standard in IT skills including SAP ERP, MS Office, and reporting and management tools to create reports, proposals and evaluations. Working knowledge of SAP GTS or similar customs & trade system is a strong advantage.
• Team player with staff management skills and qualities
• Self-starter, self-organized with ability to identify and resolve issues
• Effective communication, to internal and external stakeholders.
• Conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Sensitivity to other cultures and ability to effectively work with colleagues in other countries
• Strong in collaborating, capable of both teamwork and working independently
• Strong integrity and ethics as well as a strong sense of accountability
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• An interesting role in an exciting industry
• Career progression framework and structured personal development
• The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
• A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
If the scope of these responsibilities meets your expectations, please be welcome to apply online.
When making the application, please state your salary expectation related to this role.