At a Glance:
On’s logistics team is expanding and we are looking for a quick-thinking, detail-oriented person to join the growing team. This role will act as a liaison between our Portland office, Zurich HQ, and our Canada logistics service provider. This is an opportunity to help shape On’s 3PL warehouse and logistics processes through collaborating with warehouse teams on a variety of operational and strategic topics. This role is for someone who strives for efficiency, whilst continuously seeking new and improved ways of operational excellence.
Based in Mississauga, Ontario, onsite at our logistics provider, this role requires someone with flexibility to travel periodically to the Portland office and potentially other warehouses in the United States as needed. If you enjoy traveling, have experience in similar roles and work well in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
We are a collaborative and diverse operations team who work with all departments to deliver our product to the customer on time and with the highest quality possible. We take pride in exceeding expectations and driving operational excellence by establishing and improving processes, challenging the status quo, and utilizing our external resources when needed.
- Coordinate daily priorities for outgoing customer orders in collaboration with the Customer Service Team in Portland
- Drive key processes clarification and standardization by training staff members of our 3PL on vendor guidelines for key accounts
- Ensure these requirements of key account shipments are followed by our 3PL daily
- Oversee and monitor incoming goods from factory and customer returns to ensure KPIs are met
- Monitor daily performance of 3PL partner, manage relationships to support the highest service level and smooth operations
- Contribute to quarterly business review meetings with 3PL partner and drive continuous improvement and support in strategic projects
- Facilitate ongoing cycle count program
- Oversee and perform inbound quality inspection and other regular checks, in coordination with rest of the global logistics teams
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or logistics-related field. Combination of experience and education will be considered
- 5+ years’ relevant business experience, preferably in a warehousing/logistics environment, experiences in E-commerce/Direct-to-customer businesses strongly preferred
- Detail-oriented, data and process driven, with a good understanding of what matters in delivering good customer experience and ease of doing business
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives, multi-task and prioritize, to think and react in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of vendor shipping and routing guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with warehouse management systems
This role will be expected to travel up to 20% of the time, which may fluctuate based on business needs.
This role involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, climbing stairs, and standing for consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
What we offer: