Timberland Global Apparel is looking for an exceptional Trims Specialist to join our team based in Stabio, Switzerland, reporting to the Senior Material Manager.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let's talk about the role
As Trims Specialist, you will research, develop, troubleshoot and test all our trims, both regionally and globally sourced.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop new trims following design input and allocate development to the most suitable supplier in accordance to trims supplier portfolio
- Work independently on EMEA developments as well as collaborate with regional counterparts to efficiently source trims from our preferred suppliers.
- Ensure all sourced and developed materials meet the aesthetic expectations of design, as well as price point and quality and performance.
- Provide innovation and trend support to design and maintain an awareness of the latest technical developments in fiber and fabric production and its application to the production of products.
- Maintain seasonal trim boards, reference books and tracking charts to capture all details including development through bulk approval status.
- Place early commitments to ensure delivery of trims to garment manufacturers in time to meet delivery needs.
- Identify possible production issues and provide solutions or recommendations to cross functional partners to ensure samples and bulk can be executed according to the set seasonal timeline.
- Partner with global offices, mills and vendors to resolve trims development and production issues through the product lifecycle.
- Research for new potential suppliers where needed to complete our supply base according to our fabric needs.
- Be an engaged and committed team-mate, be a facilitator in negotiations
- Be responsible for trims testing for the EMEA trims suppliers
- Calendar and activities and adhering to timelines. Constantly participate in building the GTM (Go to Market) Calendar for the brand for activities related to Trims
- Create appropriate KPI to monitor supplier performance
- Create a trims strategy for the brand (functional, iconic and seasonal trims)
- Work with operations department on any issues on bulk trims delivery
Skills for Success
- At least 5 year work experience in the same or similar role
- Strong understanding of Trims usage and impact on garment construction
- Knowledge on trims production process and techniques
- Fluent in English written and spoken is a must including technical terms
- Experience in working with suppliers worldwide
Ideally you're available to travel overseas and within Europe. Estimated travel: 5 -10%
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!