VF International is looking for an exceptional Master Data Specialist to join our Global Enterprise Data Operations team based in Stabio, Switzerland for 1 year to cover maternity.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Article Master Data Specialist, will be part of the Global Enterprise Data Operations team, working closely together with our internal clients of other departments. The role of the Article Master Data Specialist will be responsible for improved data quality, resulting in improved business processes efficiency.
- Be accountable for reviewing article creation/change requests, checking data completeness and quality, collecting missing information
- Be responsible for creating/maintaining articles in the relevant systems according to internal standards
- Be responsible for monitoring proper transmission of article data from source systems to SAP FMS, identifying inconsistencies and potential issues in terms of data consistency and quality
- Support Data Operations in other domains/regions based on operations peak levels/needs
- Work closely together with the article coalition team
- Analyse process area & data quality to ensure optimal efficiency and, if applicable, initiate change initiatives to improve the process and data quality.
- Ensure compliance / implementation of global Master Data standards
- Ensure a good insight into the application landscape that is relevant for the process are
How You Will Make a Difference
- Planning and Organizing: Establish a systematic course of action for self to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity and communicate them effectively.
Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize activities/tasks based on fluctuating deadlines while continually meeting desired deadlines.
- Driving for results: Set high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously work to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication: Build strategic relationships between the MDM area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Information monitoring: Set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to ongoing activities within it.
Skills for Success
- Passionate about Data
- Ability to be a good team player, able to efficiently interact in a multinational group with team members of different areas of expertise
- Capability to work accurately and on time in order to achieve set SLAs
- Understanding of common data extraction and analysis tools
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office tools with a focus on Excel
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and verbal
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!