We are looking for a Merchandising Coordinator, Softgoods to:
- As a member of the Softgoods Merchandising team, the Merchandising Coordinator acts as category merchandising support and project contributor for Softgoods in North America. This role works closely with the Footwear & Gear VP and Category Merchandising Directors/Managers for Apparel & Sportstyle in North America to provide day to day administrative and operational support for all aspects of Salomon Softgoods product merchandising.
You will report directly to the VP of Footwear & Gear, North America. Dotted line report to Apparel & Sportstyle Directors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Merchandising Support & Administration
- Sample coordination – work closely with global product team, Merchandise Directors/Managers, US distribution center, and Sales Operations to order, receive, and timely distribute sales samples on a seasonal basis.
- Showroom management – work closely with all Softgoods Merchandise Directors/Managers to organize and merchandise on-site showrooms for internal and external product presentations.
- Line list administration – work closely with Merchandise Directors/Managers & Sales to provide administrative support/management of “one source of truth” product line lists on a seasonal basis.
- Assists and contributes to identifying gaps in regional merchandising plans, provides feedback and input to global product team; works collaboratively to find solutions.
- Assists and contributes to the development of seasonal, annual and long-term product strategy and merchandising plans for Softgoods in North America.
- Go to Market Tool Support
- Merchandising team primary point of contact for Sales Ops & Customer Service on administration and communication of “one source of truth” seasonal line plans and pricing detail for US & CAN.
- Seasonal Catalog content review – assure content accuracy at product article level for Footwear, Gear, Sportstyle, & Apparel on a seasonal basis.
- Administrative support for article level detail captured in go forward Sales Merchandising and account planning tools on a seasonal basis.
- Supports sales leading up to and during key account meetings, sales launches, trade shows, etc.
- Ad Hoc Project and Market Research
- NPD Dashboard – quarterly packaging and distribution of NPD sell thru Dashboard
- Ad Hoc Projects – long term and/or seasonal project work could include, but not limited to competitive product assessment, channel/ dealer insights, product archiving, presentations, etc…
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needed Work Experience: 1-3 years of related experience in merchandising, retail, buying and/or product management. Prior experience in the outdoor industry, with focus on Footwear and/or Gear preferred.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Foreign Language(s): English
- Specific Skills:
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and learner’s mindset
- Sharp attention to detail – prioritizes accuracy in all work
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-stakeholder, international matrix environment
- Passion for Softgoods in the outdoor space
- Ability to work across a matrix organization to drive results
- Planning, organizing and preparation skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to influence up and across the organization
- Product merchandising experience a plus but not required
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, twist and lift to 30 pounds, with or without accommodations.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Permanent Contract, Full Time
Job based in Ogden, UT