We’re looking for a passionate Design Assistant (1 year temporary contract – maternity cover) to join The North Face, a VF Company, and become part of the Design Team for the (Off Mountain/Lifestyle) product, based in Stabio, Switzerland. In this role you will be reporting to the Senior Design Manager and will be Supporting the European design team in the execution of the design process from initial briefing (design/trend/colour) through to sketch, prototype review and final sign off. You need to be passionate about design, proactive and thrive in a team environment. The Design Assistant will be a core member of the EMEA Design Team and work specifically within the inline collection support.
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
What You Will Do.
- Create technical design/CAD sketches, including adding in all details, text information, colors etc.
- Create technical graphic artwork documents, including adding in all details, text information, colors etc.
- Support Senior Design Manager and Designers in the execution of seasonal inspiration/product stories & moodboard creation.
- Support research of design ideas, fabrics, finish, fit, trims and seasonal color story for relevant product category.
- Assist creation of design boards as well as power point presentations.
- Support overall organization of the design department & work closely with the Designers to create smooth ways of working within calendar deadlines.
How You'll Make A Difference…
We are looking for a proactive and passionate team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. The North Face design team is dynamic, strong and creative and we are looking for an inspiring person full of energy who will push The North Face forward.
- Internship, or 1-2 years experience in a similar role across Men’s & Women’s
- Fluent in English- written and spoken is a must
- Bachelor's degree or (equivalent) in Apparel Design
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of attention to detail
- Team working skills, work together with other designers and design team.
- Someone who can adapt quickly, is reliable and ready to take initiative
If possible, please provide us with some samples of your work (link to portfolio or as attachment) along with you application.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and benefits program with a flexible, casual work environment
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of a company with iconic brands that operates in multiple countries
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card that offers you 50% off on all VF brands
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since 1966:
Provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern day explorer, support the preservation of the outdoors, and inspire a global movement of exploration.