Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by assisting the Retail Marketing Lead in projects and assignments that will support the stores’ marketing performance
• Assist the Retail Marketing Lead with the progression of the retail marketing events project by assisting the stores with all elements of planning, execution and feedback of events.
• Work with the Retail Marketing Lead on the ongoing community engagement program with a particular focus on event feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
• Support in creating and maintaining effective procedures and training documents for the retail marketing program for stores
• Oversee the management of the retail marketing calendars both for individual stores and for all Europe
• Support retail stores with requests for social media assets
• Support the Retail Marketing Lead with the distribution of digital brand assets to stores
• Assist in managing weekly and monthly reporting on social media and events for the Retail HQ team
• Assist in other Ad hoc marketing Projects, including new store openings.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Enrolled in University or higher education studies related to Marketing or similar for the duration of the internship.
• Good organizational and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Flexible attitude and ability to work on own initiative
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus
• Dynamic attitude, committed and motivated by the world of Retail and Marketing
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Affinity with, or worked in, a Retail store environment
Other important details:
• This is a full-time internship based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies