We are looking for a capable and knowledgeable person to manage the facilities and maintenance for our retail stores across Europe. Although you will be based in Madrid, you will liaise with all store locations, as well as vendors and contractors for all issues regarding the maintenance, repair and Health & Safety for European stores. This diverse and exciting role will require you to coordinate and maintain all of the contracts and documents with the various vendors and agencies that operate with our stores along with spearheading the helpdesk function within the construction team.
Main duties and responsibilities will consist of but are not limited to:
- Managing and resolving maintenance issues whilst ensuring compliance with maintenance helpdesk procedures.
- Prioritising daily facility requests, whilst anticipating and delivering services in a pro-active manner.
- Collecting and analysing data to establish key indicators affecting stores in terms of requirements and timescales.
- Overseeing the daily facilities budgets and spending.
- Developing and overseeing all Preventative Maintenance Programmes including management of assets, electrical testing, fire prevention, HVAC, etc.
- Liaising between stores and contractors to ensure completion of works highlighted during the planned programmed visits.
- Controlling and managing of certification process.
- Liaising with external H&S Consultants and ensuring compliance and training/supporting materials are provided to all stores.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of procedures and policies pertaining to H&S.
- Reconciling purchase orders and invoices whilst ensuring resulting invoices are monitored and tracked.
You are an organized person who can demonstrate initiative, judgement, decisiveness, confidence and discretion and you have experience in working with Retail or Facility Management environment.
To succeed, you will need to be:
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Articulate with excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent in customer service skills
- Outstanding in liaising with people at all levels and building relationships
- Competent in facilities management helpdesk / service desk
- Experienced in working with contractors
- Able to carry out store visits
- Proficient in English and another European language (Spanish, Italian, French or German in preference). Any other EU languages will be a plus.
We offer a permanent Full Time Position with a competitive package and a good teamwork atmosphere in a fast growing company. If this sounds like a role for you, please click to apply, and visit about.skechers.com for more details on Skechers.