Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by helping to execute marketing and enviro activities for Germany and Austria.
The Marketing Intern will work closely with the local Enviro & Marketing Manager and Specialist assisting with the execution of marketing and enviro activities according to the Patagonia EMEA Strategy.
• Assist the German Enviro & Marketing Team on the execution of local marketing and enviro campaigns.
• In partnership with the Regional Team, support the production and execution of the German/Austrian Worn Wear Tour.
• Assist the Regional Team, with the implementation of the F22 Brand and Product Marketing Campaigns.
• Handle requests from local dealers for materials for the point of purchase (POP), window campaigns, online content and store events.
• Support the translations team with proof reading and translations coordination.
• Other Ad hoc Marketing Projects.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Enrolled in University studies with a mandatory internship – level Bachelor/Master’s degree in Marketing or a related field for the duration of the internship
• Good organizational and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office application
• Native in German and fluent in English
• Dynamic attitude, committed and motivated
• Flexible attitude and ability to work on own initiative
Other important details:
• This is a full time internship based in Munich.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For some roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies