Icebreaker is looking for an exceptional Global Merchandise Business Analyst to join our Global Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Driven by the belief that nature has the answers, we provide natural performance alternatives to synthetic-based apparel, to create a healthier and more sustainable future for our species and the planet. We're passionate about connecting people to natural alternatives.
In 2020 we continue to launch campaigns and activities to enable people to better understand how their clothes are made, what they are made of and how moving to natural alternatives can make a positive impact. Our plastic-free ambition: We are aiming for all our materials to be plastic-free by 2023. The constant pursuit of better is what drives our progress. We're not perfect, but we're looking for solutions that make a positive difference.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As Global Merchandise Business Analyst will support the global merchandising team with in-depth analysis to delivery strategic global merchandising business planning and global product pricing and costing.
You will assist in providing robust insight and scenarios to substantiate business opportunities as well as continuously improve the product creation lifecycle through working closely with the brand, merchandising, design and product development teams. Close collaboration with finance and planning will be necessary to ensure full alignment of strategy and execution of projects.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Building, analyzing and validating scenarios for new opportunities, 3YR growth trajectories, and where to play product categories.
- Enabling product strategy development through strong fact-based analysis across categories and business pillars to support seasonal and long range planning.
- Developing long- and short-range global pricing strategies, working closely with many key cross functional partners, including merchandising, planning, finance, sales, and brand to assess and implement market, category and SKU level pricing opportunities globally.
Skills for Success
- A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Commerce and Business management are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar function
- Excel knowledge & proficiency
- Ability to build relationships across the various departments and units
You should have a passion for numbers and product merchandise, with:
- The ability to create and build reports and then analyze the numbers
- The capability to calculate key metrics, gross margin, cost calculations, revenue and target growths
- An understanding of product categories and merchandising
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!