Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Demand Planner to join our Demand Planning team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a part of the Apparel & Accessories Demand Planning team, the new person will support to drive the seasonal demand plan creation for Accessories product category based on Merchandising and Sales force input, financial target, historical data, market trend, to maximize sales and reduce inventory.
This person will also continuously interact and work with Merchandising on the selection of the product line (SKU count, product flow) and with Country Sales Planners/Sales Ops Team to Optimize the Planning KPIs.
Additionally, he/she will support the creation of the Accessories Net Requirement based on forecast, inventory levels, open purchase orders and production constraints (i.e. minimums, lead time).
How You Will Make a Difference
- Support on Forecast Plan development: Analyze information regarding Financial Target, Budget, Historical data, Current Orderbook information, sales/market input to develop the most accurate monthly forecast at Sku/channel level in order to support demand-supply balance.
- Line Productivity improvement: Work closely with Merchandising team on availability and delivery date achievement, line efficiency and capacity optimization (style count and product flow) and with Sales force to manage the risks due to forecast variation.
- Ensure Product Availability: Drive seasonal demand phasing by month at the right time within the quarterly inventory target (OTB) minimizing excess & shortages…
- Collaboration with APP Purchasing team, working closely with them about the creation of monthly buys providing input/insight on sales strategy, key family, forecast variations, etc.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration between Sales, Buying and Merchandising, Operation Team, Marketing, Finance, Product Development to gather relevant data and insights on demand trend and to reflect channel’s business objectives.
- Interact with Global Supply Planning Team to meet the global Season cycle deadlines and processes
- KPIs monthly monitoring: Optimize forecast SWING, forecast accuracy, line efficiency, product flow with a focus towards continuous improvement, minimize Inventory Excess & shortages.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting development as required
Skills for Success
- 1-2 years of experience in Planning/Forecasting role will be preferred
- Degree in Management Engineering, Economics or similar
- Ability to work with a consistent amount of data in a meaningful manner (focus on details).
- Proficiency in Excel is required and an understanding of forecasting/demand planning process and tools is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency meeting relevant deadlines.
- Able to work within the Operations team and to prioritize workload, also ability to foster smooth collaboration with other departments within the business, Sales, Merchandising, Global Supply Planning (Asia), Global Team (US).
- Fluent English both oral and written.
- Eye for detail, strong awareness of deadlines and precision
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!