Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million registered users and 200,000 five-star reviews, komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
But it’s not just our users who love komoot. We’ve also got a well-established natively integrated ad format – Sponsored Collections – which is leveraged by hundreds of happy B2B partners. The format is mostly used by German-speaking tourism partners but is being rapidly adopted by French and Benelux stakeholders.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
We are looking for our first Partnerships & Sales Manager for France and BENELUX. So if you are excited to shape and build opportunities in some of our fastest-growing markets, this is your call! Komoot’s Partnerships & Sales Managers are always on the hunt to identify potential partners and are embedded in an agile team consisting of communication, content, and partnerships experts. In this new role, you will be responsible for creating successful French & BENELUX partnerships on komoot and showcasing their potential to grow.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
Market Growth / Development / Account Management / Sales
- Research and build up a network of tourism players with a focus on destination marketing organisations
- Look after our partners from the tourism sector in France & BENELUX, both in digitally supported day-to-day business and on-site
- Make your partners successful on komoot by onboarding them to our in-house Komoot Academy
- Manage a portfolio of hundreds of B2B partners and support them with visitor guidance, community engagement, campaign planning, and execution
- Drive lead generation and acquisition with full control over your sales activities to ensure our common sales and revenue goals are reached
- Use traditional and digital channels or find new, creative ways to feed the partnerships & sales funnel
- Sell targeted Sponsored Collections – komoot’s native ads – to tourism destinations, transport companies, and other players in the outdoor industry
- Drive performance-optimization efforts and ensure our B2B partners are getting the best value possible
- Monitor the competitor market, while keeping an eye on relevant e-commerce KPIs
- Work closely with the Brand/Editorial team to deliver tailor-made content to your partners
- Work closely with the Marketing/Community Team for France & Benelux
Voice & Face of komoot
- You will identify and participate in relevant events
- You will identify and speak at relevant conferences
- You will be the number one person to talk to when it comes to B2B Partners
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that changes the way people explore the outdoors.
- You’ll team up with a dynamic team of Partnerships & Sales Managers like Betty, Daniela, Max & Iris – a team always on the lookout for unique ways to reach their goals as a team.
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You will be part of a fully remote, diverse, and international komoot team. That is, 95 smart, inspiring, and fun-loving humans with a wide range of backgrounds.
- This is a fully remote role and you are free to work from any location that lies between the UTC-1 to UTC 3 timezone. Will it be the beach? The mountains? Your house or a co-working space of your choice (covered by us)? Your main workspace should be optimally based in France or BENELUX.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, and learnings, and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us.
You will be successful in this position if
- You have 5+ years of sales & partnership experience working with a community-oriented tech product.
- You have the flexibility and skills to handle everything from small to very complex deals and account management, and optimise our partners’ success on komoot.
- You are a structured thinker with a strong intuition about priorities & trade-offs
- You are familiar with selling complex products with a long-term lifespan
- You think cold calling is a breeze and sales is in your DNA.
- You speak French and English on a native/business fluent level.
- Words like CTR, CPC, bounce, or interaction rates mean something to you.
- You have solid experience setting up and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
- You like working in a team – lone wolves won’t enjoy this environment.
- You show outstanding empathy for our partners across all relevant stakeholders and understand their needs
- You are well connected in the tourism sector and have a strong network of contacts (e.g. from your current role, agency, etc.).
- You have a self-starter attitude and feel comfortable working collaboratively with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a passion for the outdoors.
- Bonus points: Digital tech sales experience; Fluency in German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you!
Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English – highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up (Cover Letter) explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your komoot profile, Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile, whatever shows your passions
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work